Chapter 88

Damn Idol Episode 88

* * *

The performance held at a place called Brown Basic in Hapjeong was not as bad as I thought.

I am used to this kind of performance.

Especially in the early days when I was active as GOTM, I would always go to underground clubs for about 1 to 2 years.

It's not because I don't have the ability to skip the underground.

If you use the future information you have, a huge amount of money, and self-composed songs that are guaranteed to be hits, you can make a hot shot debut even if you skip the underground.

However, sometimes there are steps that should not be skipped.

I am a person of color, and I am a vocalist in a position where fans of band culture can see me wearing colored glasses.

So there is a need to form a sense of cultural identity with them.

There needs to be a story about experiencing racial discrimination in an underground club in LA and moving around underground with friends.

So, I intentionally play mediocre songs at first.

'I was booed by the audience the first time I went up on stage, but it took a year to charm them.' Because the same sentence should be reliably published in Rolling Stone.

Moreover, band culture also has its own pros and cons.

Seonggol (sacred bone) are people who broke through underground clubs with pure skill.

Jingol (true bone) is an idol band that was planned from the beginning with the help of management.

>성골 = Slang by football fans. A big club star from their youth system. Generally; highest rank in the hierarchy of Silla Dynasty. Royal family members, in line to the throne.

>진골 = It is the level below seonggol in Silla's rank system. High-ranking noble class who does not have the right to the throne.

Korea is not the only country with an idol system.

There is also America.

In fact, Motown Records is the originator of Korean entertainment's planning and hard training system.

The legendary label that created the genre called Motown.

The story is a bit off, but the point is that you have a lot of experience going to underground clubs in order to be recognized as a saint in the band culture.

On the other hand, it was the first time for the members of 3 Months and One Hundred Days to experience something like this.

They panicked when I first said we were going to the concert, and we have to sing the remake version under the streetlight. And supposedly I was going to sing with Koo Tae-hwan.

He asked me to please just do the opening.

Still, perhaps because I had a successful opening, they showed off their skills from then on.

There were a lot of disappointing parts, but you can't fill up after the first drink.

When the performance ended, the audience flocked to us and asked for photos and autographs.

"wow... ... ."

There were so many people who were amazed when they saw Lee Ion in person.

"Can I post this on the internet?"