Chapter 18

Damn Idol Episode 18

Way From Flower has achieved uninterrupted success since its debut, but its debut song was so-so.

It's not like it failed, but a little below average?

What made them a rising star was not the title song, but the follow-up song <WATCH> from their first album.

When the performance of the debut song was ambiguous, the company quickly changed the promotional song to a follow-up song, which was a godsend.

That's why Han Sion's song selection was more ambiguous.

Singing a girl group's song, that's possible. If you choose to highlight your own characteristics.

But isn't Flower Bloom too ambiguous?

The grades and the characteristics of the song.

Composer Lee Chang-jun was the first to speak in an atmosphere of curiosity.

"Han Sion participant. Did you arrange this song too?"

"no. My mentor advised me that it would be better to sing the original song without any arrangement this time."

"So you're saying you're singing the original song?"

"yes. Instead, the overall height was lowered slightly."

It's even weirder that the vocal range has been lowered.

It's not like he is trying to brag about his high notes.

If that were the case, it would have been tacky.

If it had been any other participant, Lee Chang-jun would have already expressed a negative opinion.

However, the performance that Han Sion showed was too powerful for that.

The other judges were surprised by Han Si-on's talent, but Lee Chang-jun was not impressed to that extent.

Because he has made a living by composing music for many years, he knows that what Han Si-on is trying to  accomplish is close to impossible.

Arranging it using your voice to revive the boring chord progression of the original song?

This is ridiculous.

Even if you have the arranging capabilities to do it, performing it with your actual voice is a separate area.

"Honestly, I'm puzzled. But I'm looking forward to it."

So he had no choice but to say this.

Surprisingly, it was CEO Choi Dae-ho who gave the harsh criticism.

"I won't mention the song. If Han Sion's participant are skilled, it's worth looking forward to it. But in terms of performance, I'm not really looking forward to it?"

As several participants nodded, Choi Dae-ho added his words as if he was explaining things to viewers.

"Flowers Bloom, as the name suggests, has a lot of point choreography in the shape of flowers blooming."

Just the intro starts with the members curled up like flower buds scattering as if they are about to bloom.

"It is a choreography that is difficult to express alone. A flower does not bloom just because one petal shakes."

Blue intervened.

"Wouldn't it be better to see it on stage rather than explaining it here?"

"yes. That would be correct. We were a little ahead before we even saw the stage."