Chapter 38: Oooh... my power is over 9000

[Serenity’s POV]

“Mom, let’s take a detour here so we won’t be seen by some lowly humans, well I don’t care if they see us though I can just kill them but your true form is about to return to normal right?” My daughter suggested on getting down now because we flew for more than 10 minutes now and we already flew for how many kilometers now in high speed of course.

“You got a point by the way how far we still need to travel to go to the demon territory?” I’m sure it’s still far I mean she went to that country for 3 days.

“Let’s see I think with our speed it will take for 10 days but because of your incomplete true form you need to rest for 12 hours right? So I think it will take 1 month.” Geeh… 1 month?

“Didn’t you say you traveled just for 3 days?” I ask her because I’m confused.

“Well, I traveled without stop…” She boasts it with satisfied face.

“Haa… well I want to know more about you so let’s take this chance to travel with our own phase.” I patted the head of my daughter and she blushed like a kid.

“You really become a mother now Sere.”
“Haha, Impressive Big sis.” My both subordinates praise me and I blushed too.

We get down to the nearest town and before we enter, the guard checked our identity so I take out my adventurer card and show it on him.

“Girls are you all adventurers?” The guard asks us while I pay the entrance fee of my daughter, well she given me the money she carries and I put it inside my ring.

“Yes, why do you ask?”

“I think you shouldn’t travel towards the La arm because some bandit makes that country as their turf.” I look at my daughter.

“Don’t worry we can take them on and take care of ourselves.” We enter the gloomy town.

“But a bandit builds a country on that destroyed place.” While we walk my daughter talk casually while looking around.

“But this town is kind of gloomy?” Minho also looking around and mention this gloomy place so I resolve myself and ask the vendor of a food stall while I bought some to give to my daughter.

“Can I buy 8 of this ball thing?” He gives me the ball food that put in a leaf like wrapper and I give the 3 to my daughter and give 2 each on my subordinates. “Can I ask why this town is kind of sad?” I ask the vendor while I eat the ball like food with sweet and sour flavor, it looks like a takoyaki but no octopus or fish flavor just a balled flour that get fried.

“Well, the demons are already engages the first border but thanks to the descendants checking them in bay the demons didn’t advance much further, I wonder why the heroes still didn’t appear in the battle field also because of this war most of the soldiers got dispatched to the battlefield, the available soldiers who guards each towns is some newbie or old soldiers. That’s why most of people here are afraid of the bandits attack in the next country.” I see so because the soldiers have been dispatched all the bandits can freely roam the place.

“Then why didn’t you request a help on the adventurer guild? I mean they are bandits right and adventurers have a subjugation quest for them?” I ask him because if they request bandit subjugation the adventurer guild will give them a hand as long as they pay.

“We already did but they didn’t come back… I heard on the surviving adventurer that there is a strong person who leads the bandit.” A strong person… well not my problem.

We continue our walking to search for an inn to sleep for a moment.

“But for bandit to roam at a time like this.” I murmur while holding hands with my happy daughter who still eats the sweet and sour ball.