Chapter 55

It's been a month. I was rocking my son while he played with my hair. I smiled.

"Diomedes. Are you not sleepy? Let's go downstairs. Uncle jeff and uncle Ben will keep you busy."

I turn away from the window. And make my way downstairs. No one told me he will grow fast too. He's already sitting on his own. I make my way into the living room.

"Jeff. BEN. Can you watch Diomedes? I want to go on a walk."

"Sure. Where's Phil?" Jeff asked.

I raise an eyebrow and smile. "Phil! Jeff wants you!" I yell.

"Hey! Don't say it like that. I was just...wondering." He mumbles.

"Sure dude. Your whipped." BEN laughs. I laugh along and Phil walks in.

"Hi Jeff." She smiles. Then punches his arm. I shake my head and make my way out into the forest.

I walk until I come into the clearing. Going right deeper into the forest I come to a lake. I look at my reflection. I look good. I turn and walk along the lake. Thinking about the past month. Diomedes is handsome. And a very happy kid. He looks a lot like zalgo. I think about Zalgo a lot. My mother said it creates a bond between us. And I do not like that. My father hasn't been letting people or things enter the forest. Which is constantly on watch. He has been very protective. And been asking questions. Invading my space. He's been checking up on Diomedes. Even though he doesn't want to admit it, I've seen him go soft on him when I ask him to babysit.

I come to the end of the lake and look into another clearing. Seeing a man at the end. I go on high alert. Staring at the man. He removes his hood. To my surprise it's zalgo. And the rest. We just stare at each.

'I'm not speaking first...'

"Eternity."

"Zalgo.."

"Where is my child?"

"He's safe zalgo. What are you doing here? How did you get in the forest first of all?"

"We cloaked our presences. Please eternity, let me see him. Just once."

"How can I trust you?"

"We won't cause any harm. As much as I want to bring you both to my castle and be wedded. I won't."

I turn my back and walk a little before turning my head to the side. To be more dramatic.

"I'll try take him out. Meet here tomorrow. I'll have twelve watching." I walk back to the mansion. Having Zalgo crossing my mind.

The next day

I button my jacket and fix my hair a little. Also zipping Diomedes. I pick him up and wrap a blanket on him.

"Where are you going?" My father asks.

"I'm taking Diomedes for a walk. He needs fresh air." I say turning to him

"No."

My mother walks in and gives him the look. My father nods and I proceed. I tell them I'll be gone for a hour. I go the same path. Stopping at the lake and showing Diomedes. He smiles and points at random things. We continue until we come to the clearing. I see zalgo and the guys just sitting on rocks chatting. I could tell zalgo was nervous. I take a breath.

"Here we go. Time to see your father Diomedes." I make my way towards them. I cover his head and hold him close. Once I'm about ten feet away. They all look at me then my son. I smile a small smile and come closer. Until I'm included in their circle.

"Hey eternity. You look beautiful." Lucifer says.

"Thank you."

"Can we see him?" He asks.

I nod and take the blanket off of him. Passing it to entity who's beside me. Taking a seat beside him. Placing Diomedes on my lap facing them.

"This is my son. Diomedes. Meaning 'an evil king' he's a month old now." I smile and kiss the top of his head while he smiles and giggles.

"He's grown a lot in a month. He looks a lot like zalgo. He has your eyes though and your hair colour."

He's right. He has my eyes. His eyes are a dark blue. With brown hair. I look at Zalgo. He's looking at him with awe. I get up and sit beside him. Placing Diomedes in his arms.

"This is your father my son..." I whisper.

Diomedes smiles at zalgo. Smiling back, zalgo runs his hand through his hair.

"He's handsome. Strong too." He says.

I nod and watch them. Diomedes got along with him well. I guess he can tell it's his father. I smile.

"You guys look great together. Like it's meant to be." Lucifer says.

I look at him and raise an eyebrow. He raises his hands in defence. I laugh.

"Why would you?"

"What?" I say.

"Why would you want to kill him?"

"I can't keep him long. My father has plans and I want to go with them."

"I can keep him. He's my son too. Think of me!"

"Zalgo! Remember who had to carry him.  Who had to give birth to him. Who was forced to bare a child. It wasn't my choice." I say getting. Angry.

"After a year I'm taking him."

"No you are not."

"There has to be a reason you are killing him!" He yells

"I need his soul. In order to...." I stand up and grab Diomedes out of his arms. Grabbing his blanket I make my way back to the mansion.

"Eternity! Don't walk away from me!" Zalgo roars

I let my tendrils go. Letting myself change into my demon form. Diomedes watches me. Taking in the details.

"Eternity!"

I turn and look at them. They are standing and slowly coming closer. I calm myself down. Going back into my human form. Breathing heavy. I hold Diomedes closer and close my eyes. Tears threatening to spill.

"You don't understand. Zalgo, it's like a war inside me. You don't understand why I need to... I don't want to. But I have too. As much as I want him to live. I can't. People will be after him. Wanting to use his powers. Like me. I can deal with the guilt after. But I believe I won't..."

Zalgo embraces me. Wrapping his arms around me. I let him. Wrapping an arm around him too.

"We will try to figure something out...I love both of you...I love you."

I open my eyes and look at him. The tears fall.

" I...I love you too.." I whisper.

After my little scene I stayed with the boys. Letting them take a turn playing and holding Diomedes. While I sat beside zalgo. We talked about different things. But I had to leave. We said our good byes and I went back to the mansion. Feeling a bit more happy. That I got that off my chest.

After I put Diomedes to bed. I layed down and stared at the roof. I lifted my hand and adored the diamond ring I hand on my hand.