Chapter 3

Slowly loosing the battle against sleep, I close my eyes and relax into the mattress. Soon enough my mind wandered off and my breathing evened.

'I was running through a familiar forest. Slowing down, I took in my surroundings.

'Isn't this the same forest by my house? Why am I here? What's happening?'

Just as I came to a complete stop. Multiple booms echoed throughout the trees. Making me shake as well. The fear I felt before built itself up again. Swallowing hard and trying to even my breathing. I lean on a tree, trying to figure out what is happening.

Soon enough I heard footsteps. Heavy, slow footsteps coming from my right. 'Do I fucking dare to look? Or do I run?' Thinking to myself. My whole being was in so much shock and fear. It was hard to focus. To move and make an decision. The footsteps were coming closer, too close to comfort. My breathing was out of control and I was sweating intensely. Going with instinct I looked to my left and pushed myself off the tree. Sprinting around trees and rocks. Jumping over holes and fallen trees.

I don't know what I was running from. Was it fast? Maybe just an animal. But why am I so afraid? Human instincts tell me it's something dangerous. Abnormal. Tears slowly start falling from my eyes. Blurring my vision but I kept pushing forward. I slowed once nearing a huge tree. Quickly walking around it. Taking this time to catch my breath and calming myself.

As I lean back into the bark, the sound of paper echoed in my ears. I slowly turn around to see a old piece of paper stuck onto the tree. It was like a two year old did it but it said 'Don't Look Back'.

'That's super reassuring to know...'

I didn't know if I should take it or not. I decided to keep running because I started to hear the footsteps and...static? It slowly built up and the was giving me a head ache.

I slowly started to slow down due to the static. It was like my head was on fire and about to explode. Dry heaving onto the ground. I didn't know what was happening. My vision began to tunnel. And just before I were to hit the ground or pass out. I was lifted.

'Jesus?...is that you?' I mumbled.

My vision was leaving and coming. But as my vision cleared. My entire body froze. My throat went dry. A tall faceless man stood before me. His white skin almost glowed in the moonlight peaking through the branches of dying trees. He wore something that resembled a suit. It was as dark as the darkest of nights. With something red mimicking a tie. There were long octopus like arms flailing from behind him. Breaking anything it touches.

Long slender fingers wrapped around my waist and lifted me higher. Until I was eye to eye with him. That's if he had eyes. I was just staring were his eyes should have been. My body was shaking and my eyes were wide.

'Holy fuck! What do I do?!' I thought in my head. My body was in absolute shock and horror to move.

"Soon..." he spoke, both in my head and out loud. With that my body fell.'

It felt as if I fell onto my bed. Bouncing back up I screamed bloody murder. Tears were falling from my eyes as the images of my nightmare flashed through my eyes. I didn't here my mom walk in and she startled my but suddenly grabbing my shoulders. Screaming again I pushed away and fell against the wall. Holding my self in a defensive position. Crying into my arms. My body was shaking violently and the heavy feeling of fear wouldn't settle.

"Eternity!!! are you ok?!?!" My mom rushed over to me again. Completely terrified.

"No!...mom I'm not." Mumbling into my arms as I tried to calm down enough to talk. I rocked myself as she rubbed my shoulders.

"Shh shhh, my daughter. It's ok. Your safe. I'm right here." She whispered comforting words until my crying subsided. I was still very spooked and shook lightly. Finally having the courage to look up at her. My eyes were wide with fear and my lip quivered as I made eye contact. I jumped into her arms. Instantly feeling alittle more safer.

"I never felt so afraid mom, the fear and shock were so heavy on my shoulders. It felt so god damn real. I tried to run but I couldn't. The static mom. The static is what got me. Then, it got me. I thought I was gonna die! It didn't have a face and it was tall and dark. Then he whispered one word. Soon. He whispered soon! What does he mean soon?" I softly cried into my moms arms as we sat on the floor.

I looked up at my mom. She was in shock. I wouldn't blame her. She looked down at me and gave me a small smile. Running my back and gushing me. What's going on?

"It's ok. This isn't the first time you told me about this man. You've had nightmares like these your whole life. All I can tell you right now is it's going to be alright. I need you to stay strong. Fear is a mind killer. I'll explain more when you have rested and calmed down. I'll wake you up for lunch ok?"

She got up and helped me up. I slowly stood up and looked at her. She kissed my forehead and slowly made her way out my room. Closing the door behind her.

I was confused. I was shocked. What did she mean by all that. She had this look in her eyes. I've never seen it from her before. Slowly wrapping my arms around myself. I shivered.

'Why do I feel so alone? So afraid? What are you hiding from me?'

I opened my blinds wider to let more light in. Walking to bed and slowly getting in. That dream must have really taken a number out of me. I'm so tired.

Glancing at the clock, 9:54am. We must've had breakfast super early today. I've never been a morning person. But lately I haven't been sleeping long anymore. The most I get nowadays is 5 hours. Usually sleep triple the amount.

Finally able to fall asleep with a distracted mind. I let my body relax and prayed for a better rest.

____________________
('_') I was having trouble writing this. But it's good.

August 16, 2018
This chapter has been edited!
I had to change or upgrade at least 95% of it. But it's over 1000 words.
Hopefully, it's more understandable.
Also! I want Tina to be more of a creepy kinda person. She is married to the slender man. So having a totally innocent wife doesn't make sense. So she's insane. Think Harley Quinn's case. Can act like a total normal person but underneath is the good stuff. 
Thank you bee bees <3