Chapter 2: Pack run

Hunter sat on a stool in the kitchen. He was looking down at a book and seemed very into it. Ella purred as I looked at him. Beta Greg looked at me, then looked at Hunter. He turned and looked at me. I saw his wolf through his eyes as they sparkled. We were mates, I finally found my soul mate.

"You must be Aurora." Hunter said as he put his book down.

"You must be Hunter." I said.

He chuckled a little and kept his eyes on me. I didn't know what to do, so I shuffled in my spot awkwardly. Beta Greg noticed my shuffling and nudged my arm.

"Go sit down." He said.

I nodded and walked over to Hunter. I dragged out a stool and sat beside him. Hunter was a lot taller than me, so he over towered me.

"How old are you?" He asked me.

"18." I said softly.

"I'm 19." He said.

I stayed silent and heard footsteps. A woman poked her head into the kitchen and looked at us. She didn't send off any power like Alpha Loka and Beta Greg; I knew she didn't have a high rank.

"Dinner is ready Alpha." The woman said.

"Thanks for letting me Nancy." Hunter said.

Nancy hurried off and Hunter got up from his seat. He stretched out his arms and his shirt was lifted up. I followed Hunter out and down the hallway.

"What brings you to this pack?" Hunter asked.

"Mate doesn't know we are mates." Ella growled.

"My old pack along with other packs broke apart. Most of the packs houses were burned down." I said.

"I see, you're safe now. Nothing bad has happened in this pack." Hunter said.

His words sent chills up my spine; you're safe now.

"Tell mate we are mates or I'll do it." Ella demanded.

I ignored her thoughts. I couldn't just spill out we were mates, I just met him.

"Everything okay?" Hunter asked me.

I looked up at him and he had a smile on his face. I had an urge to kiss him and Ella encouraged my behaviour.

"Do it." Ella said.

I shook my head and sent Ella to the back of my head. I looked at him and smiled.

"Yea." I said.

Hunter laughed at me. What could he be laughing at?

"What are you laughing about?" I asked.

"My wolf says the same thing." He laughed.

Great, he can hear what Ella's saying.

"You can hear her?" I asked.

"No, but my wolf can." Hunter said.

We stayed silence until we got to the dining room. Hunter opened the door for me and I walked in. I saw Alpha Loka was already here. There was a women sitting beside him.. I saw Greg and another woman. I walked with Hunter over to a chair and sat in the chair. Hunter sat down beside me. I felt Alpha's eyes on me, but I choose not to look at him.

"You must be Aurora." A lady said.

She placed her hand on mine. I looked up and realized it was the lady in the picture.

"Yes Luna, I'm Aurora." I said softly.

"You're such a beautiful girl." She said as she smiled.

"Thank you." I said.