Chapter 37: Surprise

I didn't go back home the next day. I needed time away to clear my head and Hunter needed time to think. He needed to accept that I was adopting Xavier. There was something about him that I loved. Isabella, my mother, Chris and Mandy loved the kid. I loved Xavier as if he was my own child. I know he was a rogue, but he was like two. There was no way he could harm anyone.

"Do you think he's a werewolf?" Sophie asked me.

"I think. When I was in my wolf form and I carried him, he didn't seem to mind. He sat between my paws and played with my face. "I said.

"Just because he doesn't freak out doesn't mean he's a werewolf. He could be a witch or god." Mandy said.

"It would be pretty cool if he was a god." Sophie said.

"Like Hercules." Mandy said.

"He is not a god. If he was a god, he would have the strength of one by now." I said.

"True." Sophie and Mandy both said.

Xavier may not be a god, but he's very hyper for his age. Since we have been at Sophie's he hasn't stopped running around. He does his laps around the couch. I grabbed the bag I had packed for Xavier and looked for food. I only had clothes and toys. I sighed and fell back onto the air mattress.

"It's time to go home Luna." Mandy said to me.

"How long have we been here?" I asked as I rubbed my face.

"A week." Sophie said.

"And counting." Mandy said.

"We have to go." I said.

"Yes please. I need my own room so I can blast music." Mandy said.

Xavier ran past me for the millionth time.

"Do you want to go home Xavier?" I asked.

He ran back over to me and jumped onto my lap.

"Yes! Let's go!" He said happily.

"Let's get you changed then." I said.

I took out his last clean outfit and took off his clothes. I put on his new outfit.

"Go get your shoes." I said.

He ran over to where our shoes were and brought them to me. I helped him to them on and he began running around again. I got my clothes together and headed to the bathroom. I changed out of my clothes and walked. Mandy was sat at the stairs waiting for me. I slipped my shoes on and grabbed my bag.

"Catch." I said to Mandy.

I threw her my backpack. She caught it and ran up the stairs. Xavier tried to walk up the stairs but stumbled. I put the backpack on and grabbed him. Sophie walked behind me and we walked thru her house. I put Xavier down and let him walk to the door. I held the door open for him and he walked out. We walked down her stairs and towards the car. Before I put Xavier in the car, I hugged Sophie.

"Thanks for letting us stay." I said.

"You're welcome." She said.

When she let me go, Xavier hugged onto her leg.

"Thanks." He said.

"You're welcome kid." Sophie said.

He let her go and I opened the car door. I put Xavier into his car seat and buckled him in. I thanked Sophie again and got into the car. I put the backpack into the back seat and started the car.

"Are you coming home?" Hunter asked thru our connection.

"Yes, I'm coming home." I said.

"I have a surprise." He asked.

"It better be good." I said with a chuckle.

"It is, trust me." He said back.

I pulled out of Sophie's driveway and honked as I drove off.

"What if he's some vampire? That would be cool." Mandy said.

"He is not a vampire. They can't control their thirst." I said.

"Fair enough." She said.

The car trip the rest of the way was silent. I soon turned into the pack house. Xavier knew we were at the house and got excited. I turned the car off and got out. I opened the door and unbuckled Xavier. I lifted him up and placed him on the ground. He ran off to the door. I grabbed the bag and closed the door. Mandy was already at the door. I locked the car and walked over to them. I unlocked the door and opened it. Xavier ran in and into the kitchen. I placed my keys on the table beside the door and put the bags down. Xavier ran back in and hugged onto my leg. I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. I looked up and saw Hunter. He has bags under his eyes. Xavier saw him and ran over to the stores.

"Daddy!" He yelled as he got to his legs.

Hunter picked him up and held him as he walked down the stairs.

"Hi babe." He said to me.

He pulled me into a hug. I couldn't help but not hug into him. I breathed in his smell that I realized I missed. He let me go and looked at Xavier.

"I got a surprise." Hunter said.

"What is it?" Xavier asked.

"You will have to come see." Hunter said.

He placed Xavier on the ground. He began to run up the stairs. Hunter signaled for me to follow him. I walked up the stairs beside him. Hunter scooped up Xavier and brought him to a room. It was the room I used to sleep in. Hunter put Xavier back down.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

Xavier nodded and Hunter opened the door. I looked in with awe. Hunter had completely redone the room. The bed I use to sleep in was replaced with a toddler bed. There was a new dresser put in and a rocker chair. There was a bin in the corner filled with toys.

"Why did you do this?" I asked.

"If I'm going to be a father, I'm going to have to start acting like it." He said with a smile.

I hopped like a little bunny.

"This will have to do until we move." Hunter said.

"Move?" I asked.

"When we get married, we will have a different house. Of course we will be coming back here for meetings and family things." Hunter explained.

I nodded out of shock. I couldn't believe it.

"We have to deal with important things, but it will be done later on." He said.

I hugged into him and he held me tight. I felt him start to move. With one move, we were on the floor. I laughed as we on the floor.

"I missed my princess." He said to me.

He had his face on my neck. I hummed at him. Xavier ran over to us and climbed on top of me. He cuddled onto me. After five minutes, Xavier slid off.

"I need food." I said.

I went to get up but Hunter pulled me back down.

"Babe I need food." I said.

"No you don't." He said.

"Will you make me food?" I asked.

I felt his head shake in saying yes. I got out of his grip and walked towards the door. Hunter got up and grabbed my ass.

"No thank you." I said as I walked away from him.

"Come on buddy." He said to Xavier.

I ran down the hallway to get away from him. I heard him chasing me. I bolted down the stairs and looked up.

"You're lucky I got a child in my hands missy." He said.

"Oh no the big bad Alpha. I shake with fear." I said as I walked off.