Chapter 58: Sneaking out

I couldn't stop thinking about Austin. What was he? He didn't smell like a werewolf, could he be a vampire. No, you can smell those blood suckers from miles away. He could have used a masking spray. I hit my head onto the window of the bus.

"It will be okay Ava, it really will." Julie said to me.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked down at it. Austin had been nonstop texting me since I got on the bus.  I just ignored him, I had nothing to say.

"Did he have gold around his eyes?" She asked.

"I didn't notice, why?" I asked.

"That's the way to tell a werewolf from human." Julie said.

I hit my head against the window of the bus again. We sat in silence the whole way back to school. The bell rang as we pulled into the driveway. I looked out and saw my mother parked out front. I sighed and got up. I thanked the bus driver and got out.

"What are you going to tell your parents?" Julie asked as we walked towards my car.

"I don't know, I will keep you updated." I said.

We said our goodbyes and I got into the car.

"How was the trip?" My mother asked.

"It was great, I loved it." I said.

"Are you alright? You seem, off." My mother said.

"I'm fine." I said with a small smile.

The twins jumped into the backseat and began talking about their day. I plugged my headphones in and blocked out the others. I turned my phone on silent incase if I got another texts from Austin. I leaned my head against the window and listened to music.  Once we pulled into the driveway, I got out right away and walked into the house. I unplugged my headphones as I walked into the house.  I dropped my back onto the floor and held onto my camera bag. I walked into the kitchen and saw my father sat on the table.

"Hey, how was your trip?" He asked.

"Good." I said.

I handed him my camera to him so he could see the pictures. He flipped through the pictures carefully and I watched his eyes light up.

"You're very good Ava, keep it up." He said.

"Thanks." I said.

I took the camera from him and put it back in my camera bag. I walked over to the fridge and opened it.

"Ava, your father and I were talking about the Luna ceremony. We canceled it. We don't think you are ready. Don't be mad. " My mother said.

I grabbed an apple and turned around.

"Okay." I said.

I bite into the apple and turned back to the fridge. They both looked at me confused.

"You're not mad?" My father said.

"Mother said I'm not ready, so I'm not ready. I understand." I said.

I bite into the apple again and began to walk out.

"No more exploring." My father said.

I stopped in my tracks and walked backwards.

"Now that I don't understand." I said.

"The world is a dangerous place. There could be rogues out there we don't know about. What would happen if you got caught by something and we were too far to come save you?" My mother said.