Chapter 57: Him

Ava's POV

I was a baby in this dream, as I always am. I was being juggled around in someone's arms as they ran. I didn't cry once, I was quiet. There was something about the man holding me that was so comforting. He was talking as he ran, but I couldn't understand him. He came to a stop and looked around. He placed me in a bush and kneeled down.

"Goodbye my dear, I will see you again someday."He said.

He ran off in the way we came. Wolves jumped over the bush and growls shook the ground. Blood was being spilled everywhere and screamed filled the air. I was soon picked up by a woman. Her face was blurry, but I could tell her face was covered in blood.

"Hi baby girl." She said softly.

Someone knocked on my door and I jumped out of my sleep. My heart flew out of my chest. I placed my hand on my chest and felt my heart beating.

"Ava get up. I'm going to be driving you today." Father said.

"Okay, I'll be down soon." I said as I rubbed my eyes.

He walked down the hallway and I heard a door shut. I have never heard anyone speak to me in that dream. I sat in bed for another ten minutes thinking about my dream. I shook the thoughts out of head and got up. I looked at my desk and remembered about the field trip we had today. I didn't tell mother where we were going. I knew if I told her, she would say no. I quickly got dressed and brushed my teeth. I looked at my long thick hair. No point in trying to put it in a bun. I just brushed it out and left my bathroom. I grabbed my backpack and the field trip forms. I looked around for my phone and grabbed it. I grabbed my door knob and saw my camera bag sitting near my closet. I quickly grabbed it and ran out. I skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Eat up kiddo, we have to go soon." Father said.

I set my bags down and sat at my seat. I looked beside me and didn't see Xavier.

"I miss him already." I said.

"Me too kiddo." He said.

"I hope he comes and see me. I'll miss him." I said.

"He will little one, don't worry." Father said.

I quickly ate my breakfast and grabbed my bags. I got to the front door and slipped my shoes on. I ran out the front and towards the car. It was locked. I growled. My father and the twins came out.

"You forgot your jacket." Zoe said as she held on my jacket.

"Thanks, I know I can always count on you little sis." I said.

I took it from her and held onto it. My father unlocked the car and I got into the front seat. I got my jacket into my backpack and placed it on my lap. Father got into the car and took out his wallet.

"Here you go. Spend it wisely." He said as he held out a couple of bills.

"I don't know anyone wiser than myself." I said as I took it from him.

I slipped the money into my pocket and put my seatbelt on. We pulled out of the driveway and to the school. The school parking lot was almost full, we were running late.

"Bye pa, I'll see you later." I said.

I kissed his cheek and hopped out.

"Have fun at the trip!" Father yelled as I closed the door.

I walked with the twins inside. We went our separate ways in the school. Cecilia was leaning against my locker when I got there.

"Did Aunt Aurora sign the papers?" She asked as I got close to her.