Chapter 64: Amid the ruins

Xavier's POV

Mother caught me up on what I have missed in these past couple of months. I was told about Austin being a hybrid and that his father was abusive. I was blown away, I never knew of a Alpha that was abusive. I knew from that moment that I would never leave my family again. I needed to be there to protect them, no matter what.    

"I'm coming with you to the white fang pack." I stated.

"No, you have to stay here. You have a pregant mate who is going to be very mad at you for leaving her. She's going to have the pup anyday now, you have to be there when it arrives. You're going to feel like shit if you miss the birth of your son or daugther." My mother said.

"You're my family, I have to be there to protect you guys." I demanded.

"I'll break your legs if you try and come with us. You need to stay here, Xavier. " Father said.

"Fine. Will you atleast update me on what's happening?" I asked.

"Of course. I'll message you from time to time." "Mother said.

"We have to go now, we need to get there before night time. " Father said.

"Do you need any help?" I asked.

"We are fine. Thanks for coming to talk to us, I'm happy to see you." Mother said.

I walked out with the others. Aunt Mandy and Uncle Chris were outside. They were stuffing stuff in thier car.

"Where is Cecilia?" I asked.

"She's at my mother's for the weekend. Why do you care?" Aunt Mandy asked.

"She's my little cousin, I have to make sure she's safe." I said.

She smiled a little, but it faded quickly. I said my goodbyes to the family and watched them pile into the cars. I stood on the sidewalk and watched them drive off. They honked their honks as they drove past and I waved.

"Please be safe." I whispered to myself.

Ava's POV

It was great to see Xavier again, but I wished he had came on a different day. We were just leaving when he showed up. I was sad to leave him again, but I knew he would be here when we returned. We had to spilt up with our cars. Aunt Mandy, Uncle Chris, Austin and I were in one car. My mother and my father drove their own cars. The twins stayed at the house with the Omega's. My grandmother would be coming to pick them up in a hour or two. We got onto the road and began our trip. I packed snacks and games for Austin and I. We started playing cards a few weeks ago out of bordem. After ten minutes of awkward silence, I pulled out the deck of cards. I pulled down the arm rest so we could use it as a table.  I dealed out the cards and began playing crazy eight count down. By the time we finish the game, we should be near the white fang pack. I could tell Austin was fearful. I could smell the fear off of him. I placed my hand ontop of his.

"You are going to be okay, you don't need to be so scared anymore. I'm here to protect you, no matter what." I said.

"Thank you, it means alot to know you care." He said.

"I'll always care." I said.

Uncle Chris turned up the volume on the radio. I forgot he would hear us. My cheeks went redder than a apple and Austin laughed. I pulled out the snacks I packed and handed Austin some. I looked out the window from time to time to see where we were. When we got to the end of the pack territory, we turned right inside and left.

"Aren't we going thru the human world?" I asked.

"No, we are taking the side roads. It's safer and we will be unsee by any other wolves or humans." Aunt Mandy said.