Chapter 11: Talking to Ben

The next morning, I woke up to Sophie beside me. I got up as quiet as possible. I grabbed my phone and walked to my bathroom. I used the bathroom, and cleaned myself up a little bit. I put my hair up and looked at my neck. The two bite marks were still there. Why was Hunter so mad last night? I was still confused by his anger. My shield was still up. I decided to leave it up. If Hunter wanted to talk to me, he would have to call me. I walked back out of the bathroom. Sophie was sat on her phone.

"I'm so excited for sky zone today." Sophie said as I sat down.

"So am I! Hunter taught me how to do cool tricks. I want to do some today." I said.

I thought about how Hunter taught me how to do back flips. I sighed as I thought about it.

"I know you miss him. He will be back next weekend." Sophie said.

I nodded at her. She jumped out of bed and stretched.

"I'm hungry. Let's go eat." Sophie said.

We walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed an apple from a bowl. I let my teeth grow and then bit into the apple.  Sophie grabbed some fruit and sat down with me.

"Any word from Ben?" I asked.

"Nothing. He usually texts me, but I haven't heard from him yet." Sophie said.

"He's come around soon." I said.

We ate our breakfast in silence. I itched my neck and remembered my hair was up. I started to panic. Did Sophie see the mark? I quickly put my hair down.  Isabella walked into the kitchen.

"Can I drive you guys to the sky zone?" She asked.

"Sure." Sophie said.

I got up and walked over to the front. I sat on the stair case and slipped on my shoes. I heard Mandy footsteps coming down the staircase. She put her hand on my head and messed my hair up.

"Come on I just brushed my hair." I said as I fixed my hair.

"Too bad." She said.

She smiled at me, and then walked away.  Isabella and Sophie walked over to the door.

"Come on Aurora." Sophie said.

I grabbed my wallet out of my bag and walked out the door.

*At the Sky Zone.*

"Text me when you girls are done." Isabella said as she parked the car.

"Thanks for driving us." I said.

"It's no problem. I got nothing to do today." Isabella said.

We both got out of the car. Isabella drove off. We walked into the sky zone. I looked at sign in the window. It read;

"No shifting inside the trampoline area."

I laughed at it. I gave Sophie some money for me. She went up to the counter and paid. I went to take a sit on the bench, and saw Ben sat down. He was putting his shoes back.

"Ben." I said softly.

He looked up at me and sighed. Ben grabbed his bag and started walking away. I went after him. I stood in front of him.

"You can't ignore me forever." I said.

"Watch me." He said back.

He tried pushing me out of the way, but failed.

"Why did you run away from me last night?" I asked.

He said nothing. He kept looking down at his feet.