Chapter 41: Danger

Hunter's POV

Aurora turned around to see Xavier in the middle of the road. She dropped the basket and began running towards him. I called her name out, but she ignored me. She pushed Xavier out of the way. The car hit Aurora and came to a stop. I watched in horror as Aurora was sent flying. When her body hit the ground, I jumped into action. I ran over to her and kneeled on the ground. I began screaming her name and shaking her. Her eyes were filled with horror. She went to speak, but blood poured out. I wiped her mouth with my hands and shook her again. She put her hand on my forearm. Aurora's eyes closed and her head fell back.

"Baby wake up." I said as I shook her.

"I'm calling the hospital." My mother said as she looked down at her phone.

I sat there and stared at her. What else am I suppose to do? I looked over at Xavier who was sat across the street. He looked at Aurora and then me.

"Go get him Mandy." I said.

She did as I said and walked over to him.

"I have to pick her up." I said.

"No don't. She might have a spinal injury." My mother said.

I turned around and looked at the car. I growled at it loudly. I got up and walked over to it. The windows were tinted, so I couldn't see who was in it.  I gripped the handle and ripped the car door off. I sent it flying across the street and looked inside. No one was sat inside. I sniffed the inside of the car and gagged.

"What is it?" Mandy asked.

"It isn't a werewolf who hit Aurora." I said.

"What was it?" A vampire?" She asked.

"Vampires don't disappear like this." I said.

I stood there puzzled. Even if it was a vampire, how could it get into my territory?  I can smell a vampire from miles way. The sound of an ambulance echoed in the distance. I left the car there and walked back Aurora. I got down on my knees and looked at her. Blood poured out of her mouth and she wasn't moving. The ambulance sped down the stairs and stopped in the middle of the road. They all hopped out of the car and ran over to us. I growled as they got closer.

"They are here to help Aurora darling." My mother said.

I relaxed a little bit at her words. The paramedics looked over Aurora.  I growled when their hands went to her thighs. One of them pressed on her stomach. He looked down at her lips and saw the blood.

"We need to get in to the hospital ASAP. She's got internal bleeding." He said.

My heart sink. Internal bleeding could kill a human within minutes, but with werewolves it takes longer. They grabbed a gurney and rolled it over to Aurora. They carefully lifted her onto the gurney and started to load her in the back of the ambulance.

"Go with her Chris." I said.

"You should go with her, you're her mate." He said.

"You're her brother. I'll be there soon." I said.

He nodded. He patted my shoulder and walked towards the ambulance. I looked over at Mandy who was holding Xavier. He put his arms out for me to hold him.

"I got stuff on my hands buddy, I can't hold you." I said to him.

He looked at the ambulance. They shut the back door and began driving off.

"Bye mama!" He said as he waved.

The ambulance drove down the street. I looked down and saw the blood that had stained my hands. This is the one time I am happy Aurora's hasn't marked me. She can feel my pain and emotions, but I can't feel hers.

"Let's switch cars. I'll drive to the hospital and you can meet me there after."  I said.

"Fine. Don't get blood in my car." Mandy said as she threw me her keys.

I walked down the street and to Mandy's car. I unlocked it and got into it. I started it up and drove to the hospital. The hospital wasn't far from where we were. I parked and jumped out. I ran to the front doors. I ran inside and to the nurses' station.

"Alpha, Luna is in the back. The last room on the right." She said.

"Thanks." I said as I ran past her.

I ran down the hallway and smelled for Aurora's scent. All I could smell was blood. I ran to the end of the hallway and looked into the last room. I saw doctors and nurses around Aurora. She was hooked up to a machine and had tubes all around her.

"Jacob, what's wrong with her?" I asked.

"Luna has internal bleeding in her stomach. I have to cut her open and stop it before it kills her." He said.

"Do what you have to do Jacob, you have to save her." I said choking back tears.

"Of course Alpha." He said.

I watched him grab a marker and make a line on her side. He then grabbed scalpel and made a cut. Blood sprayed on his face as he cut deeper. I felt Ace (my wolf) begin to surface. Mandy came to my side and looked in. Blood was hitting the floor faster than rain. Mandy covered her mouth at the horror scene.

"Stay with her." I said.

I pushed past Mandy and down the hallway. She yelled for me to come back, but I ignored. I stormed out of the hospital and began running. I shifted into my wolf and let Ace take over. All I could see was red. Ace ran thru the woods. We ran to the pond and fell to the ground. Ace let me take over again. I put my face down on my paws and breathed out.

"Why aren't you with Aurora?" My mother's voiced popped into my head.

I turned my face to see her in her wolf form sitting beside me.

"I'm not going to sit there and watch her die." I said.

"She's not going to die! That woman has been to hell and back! She will pull thru." My mother said.

I breathed out loudly in frustration.

"You can at least be there for your son. Don't be like your father." She said.

I got up and ran off, leaving her there. I didn't hear her following. I ran off into the distance, never wanting to come back. Without Aurora, what would my life be like?