Chapter 13: Moving away

I made my bed for the last time. I unplugged my charger from the wall. I looked down at my phone. I placed it on my bed along with the charger. I didn't need it anymore. Beta Mia knocked on my door.

"Are you ready?" She asked me.

I nodded. I walked out of my room, and shut the door.  I walked with Beta Mia to her car. I got into the car. We went to pull out of the drive way when Mandy came running out of the house.

"You forgot your phone." She said.

She handed me my charger and phone.

"Thanks." I said.

"See you around." She said.

I rolled my window up and we were off. We sat in silence as we drove to my new home. I looked out the window.  It didn't take us long. When we got there, I looked at the apartment building. There weren't a lot of floors. I grabbed some boxes and walked inside. Beta Greg was in the lobby waiting for us.

"Come on. I'll show you to your apartment." Beta Greg said.

We got into the elevator and went to floor three. We walked down the hallway. Beta Greg stopped in front of a door. He took the boxes from me and handed me the keys.

"Open it." He said.

I put the key in the lock and opened the door. I looked into the apartment. It was a small apartment. I looked around as they placed the boxes on the floor. There was a couch and a coffee table. I saw a flat screen T.V on the wall.

"It's all yours." Beta Mia said.

I walked down the hallway and into my new bedroom. There was a double bed with blankets. I had a dresser and a closet. There was also another T.V in here.

"I had this done for you. I want to make sure you were comfy." Beta Greg said.

I walked past him and into my kitchen. Beta Greg came up beside me.

"I stalked the fridge for you." He said.

I nodded.  After a few more trips to the car to bring my stuff up, we were finished. Before Beta Greg left, he walked up to me.

"I got a bus to pick you up every morning for school. Good luck, Aurora." He said.

He walked out the door. Beta Mia came over and hugged me.

"I'm sorry for this kid. Good luck." She said.

She let me go, and walked out the door. She closed it behind her. I looked around the house. I decided to unpack my clothes first. I brought the boxes that were full of clothes into my room. I put my hair up in a messy bun, and then got to work. I didn't have a lot of clothes to my name. I hung them up in my closet. I brought the empty boxes into my living room.  I looked at the other box. It was labeled "Bathroom stuff."  I grabbed it and brought it into my bathroom.  I quickly put everything away where they belonged. I saw Beta Mia left me bottles of soap. I smiled. I walked back into my kitchen and found an envelope on the counter. I opened it. I found money. I placed it on the counter. I pulled out a piece of paper. It was a letter from Beta Mia.

"Aurora, I'll be bringing you money once a month. Make it last a month."

I smiled at it. I heard my phone ring. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at it. Sophie was calling me. I placed my phone face down on my counter. I didn't want to talk to anyone at that moment. The ringing stopped after a while. I went into my fridge and looked for something to drink. I pulled out of a bottle of wine.

"Time to get drunk." I said to myself.

I remembered I had to do laundry. I placed the bottle on the counter.

"I'll drink you later." I said.

I grabbed a basket and walked into my room. I grabbed almost all of my clothes and walked out. I locked my door.  It took me a while, but I found the laundry room in the building. Luckily, there was no one in there. I threw my clothes in the washer, and started it. I sat on a stool and took my phone out.

"Hunter's back." Ella said to me.

"If he wants to talk to me, he will call me." I said.

I looked down at my phone for a while. It took everything to not text me. After twenty minutes of me staring at my phone, I gave him. I pulled up his contact, and started typing.

"Hunter, I know you're at the pack house. Please come see me, I'm sorry." I typed.

I sent it, but it didn't go through. I sent it a few more times but still wouldn't go through.  I tried texting Sophie and it went through.

"He blocked me." I whispered to myself.

I put my shield down. I felt Hunter's emotions. It was sadness and anger.

"Hunter darling, please talk to me. Tell me what I did wrong." I said softly.

"You didn't do anything. I'm sorry my father made you move out. " He said to me.

"Hunter let's go." Alpha said.

"I have to go." Hunter said.

Before I had the chance to say something, he put his shield up. I sighed. I heard a loud ding go off. I looked over and realized it was the washer. I got up and put all my clothes in the washer.  I sat back down on the stool. I cupped my face with my hands. I heard the door creek open.

"Aurora?" A voice said.

I looked up, and saw Ben in the door way. He placed his bin on the floor and watched over to me.

"What are doing here?"  He asked me.

"I was only staying at the pack house until I got onto my feet. I live in this building now. " I said.

"What floor are you on?" He asked me.

"Third floor." I said.

He nodded. Another loud bell went off. I looked at the drier. I got up and took my clothes out.

"Some time I could show you around. Only if you want too." Ben said.

"I would like that." I said.

I smiled at him and then walked out. I walked back to my apartment and unlocked the door. I was too tired to put all my clothes away. I placed the basket on the floor and walked into my kitchen.  I grabbed the bottle of wine and sat down on the couch. Before I knew it, it was 12pm. The whole bottle of wine was gone.

"Go to bed." Ella growled at me.

I got up slowly and made my way to bed. I didn't bother to change. I jumped into bed and fell asleep.