Chapter 28: Cuddles

A few days went by since Hunter's found me. The days went by so slow. My morning would start off with trying to get out of Hunter's grip. I would fail every time, and Hunter would pull me in closer.

"Hunter sweetie if you keep squeezing me I'm going to pee." I said.

Hunter growled at me, and losing his grip. I finally got out and onto my feet. I slowly walked to the bathroom and did my business. We were still with Ethan and his pack. They wanted to stay here until I could get on my feet. I was still a bit shaky, but I was better. Hunter told me we are heading back to our pack sometime today.  I heard a knock on the door.

"Aurora, are you okay?" Hunter asked.

"I'm fine." I said almost as a whisper.

I heard the door open and close. I saw Hunter in the mirror stand behind me.

"I have to change your gauze." He said

I sighed loudly.

"It's for the better love." He said.

I rolled up my sleeves so he could take the ones off my wrists. He took them off carefully. All the burns were gone. There was just an ugly line left on my wrists. He flipped my hands over to look at my palms. There was a straight red line going across them.  I put the toilet seat down and sat down on it. Hunter sat down on the floor and rolled up my pants. He took the gauze off and looked at my ankles. The same ugly line went around my ankles.  Hunter stood up and threw away the gauze. I rolled my pant legs back down.

"Come on." He said.

I got up and lifted up my sweater. He peeled the gauze off as careful as he could. I looked in the mirror. My stomach had a thick black line going across it. I sighed at it.

"It will get better, I promise." He said.

He put the cream the doctor gave me on my stomach. He put new gauze on it and taped it up.

"It's pill time." Hunter said.

Hunter took a hold of my hand and dragged me out. He brought me to the kitchen.  I sat down at the island and he walked behind the counter.

"What kind of milkshake do you want this morning?" Hunter asked me as he grabbed the blender.

"Surprise me." I said softly.

Hunter grabbed things out of the fridge and started putting them into the blender. He waited for it to finished blending, and then poured it into a cup. Hunter grabbed a straw and put it into the milkshake. He placed the cup in front of me along with my pill bottle. I sighed at the bottle.

"It's your last pill. It means you are ready to go home." He said.

I took the pill bottle and opened it. I poured out the last pill and put it in my mouth. I took a couple sips of the milkshake, and placed it back down.  Hunter turned my face so I would look at him. He wiped my face with a napkin. He smiled at me. That smile melted my heart. I smiled back.

"I'm going to go on a run before we go. Is that alright?" He asked.

I nodded my head. I didn't want him to go, but I knew he wanted to let his wolf free. He kissed my forehead, and left. I walked back to the room and plopped down on the bed. I tried to relax.  Clark walked into the room and walked over to my bed.

"I brought you some fresh clothes." She said.

"Thank you." I said.

Clark turned around and exited the room without another word. No one else was in the room, so I changed as quickly as I could. I placed the dirty clothes in the basket in the bathroom. I hopped back into bed and tried to relax again. I closed my eyes and listened to the birds outside.  I started to fall asleep. I felt strong arms wrap around me. I hummed at the feeling. I opened my eyes and looked up at Hunter. He laid down beside me. I put my legs on top of Hunter's. He put his face in the crook of my neck.  I laughed at him. His hand was placed on top of the gauze around my stomach. It didn't hurt as much as it use to. I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up and saw my mother at the end of the bed.

"Chris and I will be going on the train cart with the rogues." She said.

"Why? Come with Hunter and me on the public train." I said.

"Someone's got to make sure they stay in the carts." She said.

I said nothing. I just nodded. She walked away, and my brother followed her.  The room was now empty, besides Hunter and I. I felt him playfully bite my ear lobe. I giggled at him. After a couple of more minutes of cuddling, Hunter started moving.

"We have to head back home now." He said.

He patted my thighs, and got up. He stretched his arms and legs. Ella purred at his moments.

"Woof." She said.

I got up and slipped on my shoes. I walked with Hunter out into the living room.  Everyone was packing up their things so we could leave. Isabella saw us and walked over to us.

"These are your train tickets. I got a bag packed of some things you will need along the trip back." She said.

"You're going on the train cart too?" He asked.

"We need all the help with making sure they don't escape. You need to keep Aurora safe at all times." Isabella said.

Isabella went and grabbed a bag. She handed it to Hunter.

"I'll be driving you to the train station." Ethan said.

Isabella pulled me into a hug. She tried not to hug me tight. I hugged her back. She hugged Hunter. We followed Ethan out and to his truck. Hunter opened the truck door for me, and I got in.

*At the train station.*

Ethan parked the truck in the train station parking lot. By the time I took my seat belt off, Hunter got out and had the door open for me. He held his hand out and I gladly took it. We all walked into the train station. Ethan stopped at the doors.

"I have to head back now." He said.

Hunter let go of my hand and hugged Ethan. He thanked him for everything he did. Ethan looked at me.

"You take care of her Hunter, she's a keeper." He said.

Hunter laughed at his words. Ethan winked at me, and then left. Hunter took a hold of my hand, and led me to where we needed to go. Once we on the train, I felt tired. We sat in a row of three seats. Luckily, no one sat in the third seat.  Hunter placed the bag on the third seat and sat down on the seat next to the window. I sat down beside him. When the train started moving, I felt even more tired. I placed my legs on top of Hunter and leaned on him.

"Will the pack like me as their Luna?" I asked.

"Of course. " He said.

I looked up at him. He was looking out the window. He must have felt me staring at him, because he looked down at me. I put my hand up to cheek. He smiled at my movement. He moved his face down closer to mine. He kissed my lips ever so softly. He pulled back and smiled at me. I giggled at him. I leaned against him, and fell asleep.