Chapter 65: My creation

Ava's POV

I scrubbed my hands and arms as hard as I could. Most of the blood was gone from my skin. Some blood stayed under my nails and stained my skin. I washed my face and watched the blood go down the sink drain. I dried my face and hands and left the bathroom.  I walked over towards the waiting room. I pushed the door open and saw my mother stood up.

"Have you heard anything?" I asked.

"Xavier and Olivia are here. Her water broke a couple of hours ago. I haven't heard anything since." She said.

"Go with your mother. I will stay here and wait for news about Austin." My father said.

I nodded. Mother grabbed my arm and dragged me out. Olivia and Xavier were on the other side of the hospital. We walked as fast as we could. We reached the other side of the hospital and got to the front desk.

"You can't be here, you will have to go back to the other side of the hospital." The nurse said as she looked down at papers.

My mother cleared her throat and the nurse looked up.

"I'm so sorry Luna, how can I help you?" She asked.

"My son is here. His mate's water broke." My mother said.

"They are here, I'll show you to their room." The nurse said.

She got up from her chair and leaded us down the hallway. A baby cried as we came around a corner. The nurse opened the door for us and we walked in. Olivia was fast asleep in the bed and Xavier was sat in a chair. There was a glass crib and in it held a baby.

"Come meet your nephew." Xavier whispered.

I walked over to the crib and saw the baby with his thumb in his mouth.  He cooed as he did so.

"Hello." I whispered.

"He's so cute." My mother said as she looked at him.

"Why are you covered in blood?" Xavier asked as he poked my sweater.

Austin had slipped from my mind when I walked into the room. Sadness washed over me again.

"Austin was shot with arrow. We rushed him back to the pack and to this hospital. We haven't heard anything yet." Mother said.

"What did the Alpha say?" Xavier asked.

"We will talk about this when we get news about Austin." Mother said.

The baby cooed again in his crib. I looked back and saw he was grabbing his toes.  Xavier walked over to where I was.

"He looks just like you." I said.

"He's my mini me." He said.

"What did you name him?" I asked.

"Dakota, he looks like a Dakota." Xavier said.

"I haven't seen a baby arpund the pack in a long time." My mother said.

"The youngest in the apartment building I live in is eight. I guess little     Dakota is the first baby born of the season." He said.

"For now at least." I said.

"We should go back to see your father. We will come back when we have news." Mother said.

We said our goodbyes to Xavier and little Dakota. We left the room quietly and down the hallway. We waved to the nurse up front and watched back to the other side of the hospital.

"You should go home and shower. Get some clean clothes for a couple of days because god knows how long we will be here for." Mother said.

"I am leaving this hospital until Austin is on his feet. If you want to go back to the house, go ahead. I can't leave his side." I said.