Chapter 42: The return

Mandy's POV

It had been almost two weeks since Aurora was sit by a car. They had stopped the internal bleeding, for now.  She had hit her head so bad; it caused her to go into a coma.  Aurora hasn't opened her eyes or moved since the car accident. I began to worry as I visited her each day. I brought Xavier with me sometimes. I hadn't seen Hunter since Aurora was put into the hospital. What kind of a prick doesn't support their mate?

I drove to the hospital in Aurora's car. Xavier sat in the back and talked. I wasn't planning on visiting for long. I couldn't stand the smell of hospitals. They made me want to gag. I parked the car and got out. I opened the door and let Xavier out. I took a hold of his head and led him inside. I walked up to the front desk and waited for a nurse. A nurse came over to me as soon as she saw me.

"Afternoon Beta. " She said.

"Afternoon. How is Aurora doing?" I asked.

"She's still the same. She will come out of her coma soon." She said with hope.

I nodded. I led Xavier down the hallway and to where Aurora was.  He let go of my hand and ran off to the side of her bed. It broke my heart to see Aurora like that, but I kept my emotions hidden. Beta's don't cry. I helped him up onto her bed. He kissed her cheek and giggled. I don't think he understands what happened to Aurora. He talked to her for a little while.

"Come on, let's go home." I said as I choked on the smell of the hospital.

Xavier slid off the bed and ran over to me.

"Bye Mama!" He said as we left the room.

We walked out of the hospital and back towards the car. I put Xavier in his car seat and buckled him in. I got into the car and started it up. I drove back to the pack house. My mother was sat out-front as I drove into the drive way. I turned the car off and got out.

"Well?" My mother asked.

"No improvement. The nurses think she should wake up soon." I said as I unbuckled Xavier.

I picked him up and put him on the ground. He ran over to my mother and jumped into her arms. I locked the car and walked over to her.

"There's someone inside. Don't scream when you see them." My mother said.

I turned my head at her.

"If you need to scream, tell me." She said.

She opened the door and walked inside. I walked in and shut the door. I threw the keys onto the table nearby. My mother placed Xavier onto the floor. He ran into the kitchen.

"Daddy!" He screamed.

I growled. Hunter was here.

"Get Xavier." I said.

My mother walked into the kitchen and I followed her. I saw Xavier attached to Hunter's leg. Hunter patted Xavier's back.  My mother grabbed Xavier.

"It's time for a nap." She said to him.

She brought him out of the kitchen and up the stairs. Hunter looked like shit. He has black bags under his eyes. He looks like he hasn't sleep in months.  I felt my eyes staring to change colors. My wolf began to take over.

"Outside, now." I demanded.

Hunter put his hands up in surrender and walked to the patio door. He opened the door and walked out. I walked out the patio door and slammed it shut.

"What's up?" He asked.

I turned around to look at him. He was completely calm.

"What's up? I have been raising your kid for two weeks! You disappeared for two weeks to god knows where!" I yelled.

"I didn't to get away, I'm sorry." Hunter said

"Don't say sorry to me. Say sorry to your kid. Go to the hospital and Aurora." I said.

"I can't." He said as he looked away from me.

"Why can't you?" I asked.

He was silent. He moved his feet around like a child.

"Am I speaking in a different language? I asked you a simple question, why can't you?" I asked again.

"I can't see her like that." Hunter said as he slowly looked up at me.

"You're acting like she's dead Hunter. Your mate is still alive! Be thankful!" I said.

He said nothing. He sighed and looked away.

"I think the hardest part of losing someone, isn't having to say goodbye, but rather learning to live without them. Always trying to kill the void, the emptiness that's left inside your heart when they do. " I said

He looked up at me again and tears filled his eyes.

"You can still be there for her Hunter. Do what Adam did for me when I was sick, love her. Be there for her." I said.

"Adam may be gone, but he's still in my heart." I said as I fought back tears.

"How did you cope?" Hunter asked.

"It took a long time but, I got over it. The point is, Aurora isn't going to die. She will be fine." I said.

He walked over to me and hugged me. I was surprised by his actions. I patted his back. He let me go and wiped his face.

"Go to the hospital, stay with her." I said.

He nodded and walked past me.  I inhaled and exhaled. I had finally talked some sense into that boy. 

*****

Is it short? Yes, very short.

I'm sorry it's short! I just wanted to make a filler chapter! I hope you still enjoy it though!

*Yolondeburry122