Chapter 34: The rogue

After the killing of Sydney, The rapist and Jim; I tried to separate myself from the others. I felt guilty for killing them. Something just came over me and I couldn't stop. Weeks had pasted and I still felt guilty. I did the pack paper work, but I wouldn't leave the house. The only people I would see were Hunter, my mother and Chris. Ella hasn't been let out in what felt like forever. She would try to convince me to go out for a run, but I wouldn't go. 

I sat at Hunter's desk going thru stuff online. Hunter had been tracking rogues near the pack territory for weeks, but found nothing.  The trackers had picked up a couple of tracks, but came up with nothing. I left Hunter to tracking the rogue down. I had enough of rogues for a long time. I spent many hours in the office working. I put papers down and looked up at the clock. It was already 3 'o clock. I rubbed my face with my hands and looked back down at my paper. After a couple of minutes, my phone started ringing. I looked down and saw it was Hunter. I picked up my phone and brought it to my ear.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Hey, we are going to be out here for a while. Do you want to come down here with me?" He asked.

I turned my chair and looked out the window. I saw it was raining out. Ella whined at his questions.

"It's raining out. You better come back soon before it pours." I said.

"The rain will clear up soon.  If you don't want to come, it's fine." Hunter said.

"Okay then." I said.

"I love you." Hunter said.

"I love you too." I said.

I hung up before he could say another word. I placed my phone back on the desk. I kept on working until my wrists were sore. I yawned and leaned back in my chair. I rubbed my wrists. I looked down at the black marks that were left on my wrists. I heard something hit the window. I looked up, and saw it was pouring outside. I got up and looked out the window.

"I told him it was going to rain." I whispered to myself.

I walked back over to the desk and grabbed my phone.

"Are you heading back home?" I texted him.

I locked my phone and placed it in my pocket. I walked out of the office and into our bedroom. When I walked into the bathroom, my phone dinged. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at it.

"Yes darling." He texted back.

I locked my phone and put it back into my pocket. I splashed my face with some water. I dried my face and walked back into the room. I threw my phone onto the night stand and jumped onto the bed. I hugged into Hunter's pillow, smelling him. I sighed with relief and closed my eyes. I started to fall asleep, but heard a soft voice.

"Aurora." The voice said.

"Hm." I grumped.

I waited for an answer, but heard nothing. I opened my eyes and saw no one was in the room. I sat up in a confused state.

"Aurora." The voice again.

I made out the voice was Hunter's. He was talking to me thru our connection.

"Yes? Hunter are you okay?" I asked.

"There's a rogue chasing us. We need hel-" He said but was cut off.

I heard then nothing. Our connection was cut off. His shield must have been up. I jumped up from the bed and grabbed the door knob. I almost crushed the doorknob and ripped the door open. I ran down the hallway. Mandy had her music blasting, like always. I banged on the door and yelled her name. She couldn't hear me. I opened her door and she was sat on her bed. She looked up at me and paused her music.