Chapter 51: Blood

"Ava is missing!" Mandy yelled.

I slammed the window shut out of anger. I heard Chris's voice on the other end of the phone, but I couldn't make it out.

"You have to get back here. We need to find her." She said.

She hung the phone up and put it back in her pocket.

"I have to go out and look for her." I said.

"I'll come with you." Mandy said.

"No, stay here. Look after Xavier for me. I'll call my mom and Isabella. I'm trying to track down who took Ava." I said.

I left the room without saying another word. I picked my phone up from the couch and dialed. I put it up to my ear, praying that my mother would be awake.

"Aurora are you okay?" My mother asked worried.

"Ava is gone. Someone took her. I can't find her. I'm going to track down whoever has her. Come as fast as you can." I said.

"I'll be there soon." She said.

I hung my phone up and threw it back on the couch. I grabbed my shoes and slipped them out. I ran throughout the house and to the back door. I shut the door behind me and began looking around. I looked down on the ground for shoe prints. I walked over to where Ava's window. I looked down and saw footprints. I sniffed the air for a scent. There was a scent, but it was started to fade. I followed the tracks until it brought me to a dead end. I looked around to see if I could see anything. I saw something in the distance. I ran over to it. I picked it up to see what it was. It was Ava's doll.  Tears rolled down my cheek and onto the doll. I held onto the door. Ella cried out.

"I know Ella, I'm sad too. We will find Ava." I said.

I sniffed the air to try and pick up a scent. I got nothing. Whoever had taken Ava was masking their scent.

"Chris and I are running as fast as we can. Don't worry, we will find the asshole who took Ava." Hunter said to me through our connection.

I ignored his words.

"Let me out. I can find the person quickly." Ella demanded.

"Whoever has my baby is in their human form. I have to get Ava in my human form." I said.

Ella growled at me. I know she was right, but I didn't want to scare Ava when I found her. I held the doll and kept looking around for tracks. I heard bushes move behind me. I turned around quickly and growled. Mandy popped out of the bushes.

"Where's Xavier?" I asked worried.

"My mother and Mika are at the house. They are staying there. I am here to help." She said.

I nodded. We both looked around. Mandy found foot prints leading off into the forest. We followed them and sniffed the air. As we went deeper the forest, we could smell Ava. As the foot prints faded away, the scent got stronger. I heard a cry off in the distance. I ran off towards the sound. Mandy followed me. I jumped over a fallen tree and was hit with something. I fell over with pain. I grabbed my head in pain. I put my hand up to my head and felt something wet. Mandy hopped over the tree and growled loudly.

"Unless you want a hit to the face, I suggest you get on your knees." A woman said.

"Why should a Beta bow down to a rogue?" Mandy growled.

"I am no rogue my darling. Bow down now." The woman demanded.

"Make me." Mandy said.

"If you insist." The lady said.