Chapter 60: Anger

My mother grabbed Austin by the back of the neck and pulled him out of the car. She dragged him inside the house. I followed her and shut the door behind me.

"How can you just bring a human into the pack? You're going to get yourself killed! Our family will be ruined Ava!" My mother yelled.

"Austin is my mate mother! I can't just forget about him! You get one mate for life. Austin isn't a human, he is a hybrid!" I yelled back.

"Bullshit he is a hybrid! He is just trying to save his own skin." My mother growled.

I pushed past my mother and kneeled down beside Austin. I put my hand in his pocket and pulled out the pictures.

"His mother was a human and his father is a werewolf. His father is the Alpha of the white fang pack." I said as I handed her the pictures.

She looked at them and studied their faces. I turned my attention back to Austin. I held my hand out to him to help him up. He took my hand and got onto his feet.

"Where's father?" I asked.

"He went out looking for you." She said.

We heard a long howl coming from the back of the house. I rolled my eyes, knowing it was my father.

"It's going to be hard explaining this to your father. He's going to lash out." My mother said.

I felt Austin's fear as my mother spoke. I patted his arm to help him calm down. We heard the back door open and slam shut. I swallowed hard as my father and Uncle Chris came around the corner.

"I knew she was in the white fang pack! I told you I saw her there!" Uncle Chris yelled as he pointed at me.

My father's were full of anger. His eyes moved to Austin. He looked like he has seen a ghost. My father's eyes went black. His wolf was taking over.

"Hunter, don't do anything stupid." My mother said.

My father moved quickly and pinned Austin to the wall. He held him in the air and had his hand to his neck. Austin clawed at my father's hands to release him.

"Hunter! Let the boy go!" My mother yelled.

She started smacking his arms and trying to loosen my father's grip.  Everyone began jumping onto him trying to get him off of Austin. Austin's skin began to go whiter the longer my father held him. Someone smashed a vase on my father's head and he hit the ground. I turned around and saw Aunt Mandy standing there.

"Mandy that was my mother's vase!" My mother yelled.

"I'll buy you another one." Aunt Mandy said.

The broken vase was in a million pieces laid on the floor along with my father. My mother wiped her face and looked down at him.

"Chris and Mandy, help me bring him to the couch. He will be up soon. Ava, clean up the glass and make sure the human is okay." My mother said.

My mother, Uncle Chris and Aunt Mandy dragged my father into the living room. I looked at Austin who was sat on the floor. He held his neck with his hands and panted.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He nodded. I walked past him and grabbed a broom. I took care of all the glass pieces and threw them away. I walked back to Austin and kneeled in front of him. I took his hands off his neck. I ignored the bubbly feeling I got as I touched him. His neck was all red from my father almost strangling him. I put my hands on his neck to relief some of the redness. He gasped as I placed my hands on his neck and I laughed. After a minute or two, I let go of his neck. The redness on his neck wasn't as it was before. I stood up and helped him up. My mother came around the corner and nudged me.