Chapter 40: A day out

Every day for the past two weeks has been freezing cold. I wanted to go out and be active, but I have been stuck inside all day. I tried to stay as warm as I could, but I was still cold. I turned the heat up as much as I could and stayed in the study room. Hunter complained about the heat, but I still kept it on. A knock at the door broke me from my work.

"Come in." I said still looking at the computer.

The door opened and Hunter's face popped in. He walked in and closed the door behind him.

"Come downstairs." He said.

"I have work to do Hunter and so do you." I said as I typed.

"It's a Saturday. Take a break darling." He said as he sat down on the desk.

I ignored him and kept on typing. Hunter picked up my hands from the laptop and put them off to the side. He closed the laptop with one hand and got up.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Hunter came around the table and grabbed my hands. He lifted me off the chair and brought me to the door.

"We have work to do." I whined as we walked.

"We can work tomorrow. I know we are the Alpha and Luna, but you deserve a break." Hunter said.

He walked me down the hallway and down the stairs. We walked into the kitchen, where I was greeted by Xavier. I picked him up and he hugged into me. No one else was in the kitchen.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"They are gone out. " Hunter said.

"Where?" I asked.

"It's a surprise." He said.

I sighed loudly. Hunter took Xavier from me.

"Go get dressed." Hunter said.

"I was just upstairs though." I said.

"I don't care." He said.

I growled as I turned around and left the kitchen.

"It's hot out babe!" Hunter yelled as I got to the stairs.

I charged up the stairs and to our room. I dug thru my closet and found a pair of overalls. I changed out of my old clothes and put the overalls on. I walked to the bathroom and threw my dirty clothes in the bin. I brushed my hair quickly. I grabbed pair of my converses and left. I got to the stairs and zipped down. I sat down on the last step and put my shoes on. Once they were tied, I got up and watched back into the kitchen. When I walked in, Hunter had a basket on the kitchen table. Xavier ran over to me and I realized he was wearing a different outfit.

"Look what papa got me." He said as he pointed at his shoes.

"Those are cool." I said to him.

I watched Hunter close the basket and pick it up.

"Let's go." He said.

"I'm confused." I said.

"Good." Hunter said.

I picked up Xavier and followed Hunter. He held the door open for me and locked the door behind me. Hunter started to walk towards his car.

"Xavier's car seat is in my car babe." I said.

"I know." He said back.

He unlocked his car and opened the back door. It revealed a brand new car seat. I put Xavier down and he ran over to the car.

"If you keep spoiling him, he's going to be a brat." I said as I walked towards the car.

"I have to spoil him. I spoil you too." He said as he placed Xavier in the car seat.