Chapter 54: Baby steps

A pack called the white fang took us in. They supplied us with everything we needed. Hunter told me he had traveled to this pack many times. The Alpha was very kind to us all. There was no Luna of the pack. Isabella told me she has died many years ago due to a rogue attack. I didn't ask the Alpha about his Luna, I was too scared.  Xavier seemed to totally forget about the fire and was enjoying the white fang pack.  Mandy was still in pain and couldn't walk. My mother and Chris were in bad shape. Isabella was being strong. Hunter looked after Ava as I healed. I had bad bruises all over my body from the vampire.

Many days passed and I was beginning to feel better. I knew it was time to go back to the pack, but I feared to go. I stayed up late every night, over thinking. I was scared that there was nothing left of the pack.

"I'm thankful we didn't put our weddings pictures up in our house yet." Hunter said to me.

I said nothing. I looked out at the view from the pack house. I hadn't talked much, only when I needed to.

"Our Alpha and Luna pictures should be fine. We can put them up when we get back." Hunter said.

"What happens if we go back and there's nothing left?" I asked.

"We start over. The pack didn't just come across houses Aurora, we can build houses." He said.

"It took you months to build our house and now, it's all gone. Everything Xavier and Ava had is gone." I said.

"You don't know that." Hunter said.

"I do, I was the last person there. " I said.

Hunter went to say something, but closed his mouth. He sighed and got up.

"You need your space, I get it. Come inside when you're ready." He said.

He walked into the house and left me over thinking everything. I got lost in deep thoughts. I heard the door open and close again. Someone sat down beside me.

"My name's Jason by the way, you don't have to keep calling me Alpha." He said.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"I can smell your fear from inside the pack house. " Jason said.

I breathed in and sighed again.

"I know you are worried about your pack. Trust me, I have been there. Everything will be okay." He said.

"When is the next train?" I asked.

"An hour maybe. " Jason said.

"I'll tell Hunter we will be leaving then." I said.

"If you thinks that's best. " Jason said.

He got up and patted my shoulder.  I sighed as the door closed. I wiped my face and finally got up. I opened the door to the pack house and walked in.

"Pack your things everyone; we will be leaving in an hour." Hunter said thru the pack link.

I found Hunter in the kitchen with Ava and Xavier. Hunter looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back at him and left the kitchen. I went to our room and began packing. We didn't have much to pack since we fled our pack.  Alpha Jason gave the kids a lot of clothes and toys to have. I threw everything into a suit case and zipped it up. I looked around once more before I left the room. Hunter was helping Xavier with his shoes. Ava sat on the floor and looked at Hunter.  I slipped my shoes on and picked Ava up.

"We should get there before everyone starts showing up." Hunter said.

*At the train.*

Everyone from our pack started loading into the train. Chris helped Mandy into the train. Hunter got into our cart and I lifted Xavier in.