Chapter 52: Fire

I ran towards the house. I started banging on the back door. The fire hasn't hit the top of the house yet. I grabbed the door knob, but it was hot. I tried kicking the door down, but it wouldn't budge. I let my hands shirt into my wolf paws. Hunter caught up with me and stood behind me.

"We can put the fire out." Hunter said.

"There's no time! They are going to die!" I yelled.

I dug my nails deep into the door and started ripping the door apart. I made a hole and crawled thru.

"I'll get them out. Go." I said.

"I can't leave you." Hunter said.

"Hunter, there's no time! Go now! You have Ava." I said.

I left and ran through the house. The curtains were lit on fire and the front window was broken. It was starting to hit the stairs. I ran up the stairs and coughed out my lungs.

"Xavier! Mom!" I yelled as I coughed.

I ran to his room door. It was closed. I shifted my hands back to my human hands and grabbed the door knob. I opened the door and saw my mother, Mia and Xavier sat on the floor.

"Mommy!" Xavier yelled.

He got up and ran over to me. He grabbed my thigh.

"We have to go now. The bottom floor is going up in flames." I said.

I grabbed Xavier and held him close to me. My mother and Mia followed me to the stairs. I looked down and saw nothing but smoke.

"Go back!" I yelled.

We all turned around and went back to Xavier's room. I placed him down and looked around the room.

"Can we go out the window?" Mia asked.

"No way will anyone of us fit." I said.

I had Hunter make the window smaller for Xavier. I didn't want him falling out when it's open.

"Let's go to my office. I have a bigger window." I said.

My mother grabbed Xavier and we ran down the hallway.

"Where are the others?" My mother asked.

"We met up with Hunter and Chris. Mandy was shot in the thigh. I will explain more when we get out of here." I said.

We got to my office and I ran towards the window. I grabbed the lock to unlock it, but it wouldn't budge.

"There's a child safety lock on it, of course." I said out of frustration.

I looked over at my desk and grabbed my paper weight. I threw it at the window and it broke. I started taking pieces off the window. I looked down and saw it wasn't a long jump.

"I'll go first." My mother said.

She climbed out the window and jumped down. Mia went next and jumped down.  I lowered down Xavier and my mother caught him. I hopped out of the window and landed on my feet.

"Where's Isabella?" I asked.

"She found Hunter and the others. Other houses are on fire Aurora; we need to leave the pack." Mia said.

"Who did this? Loka is dead." I said.

"Loka is dead?" Mia asked.

"Hunter ended him. Loka had sent a witch to kill me. She hit me with that car last year. Chris killed her as well. Ben is with them, but he disappeared. He could be up to this." I said.