Chapter 6: Dinner with The Alpha

Alpha Loka was watching me like a hawk the next morning. Where ever I walked in the house, he was somehow there. Why does he hate Omegas so much? Omegas were the lowest rank in a pack, but they still were part of the pack. I just didn't understand his anger towards me.

As it was Sunday, there was nothing to do. I tried to find something to do, but found nothing. I decided to see if I could find Hunter. I looked all around for him but had no luck. I walked back down the stairs and into the living room. Bumping into Alpha and hearing his low growl scared me out of day dreaming. Quickly backing away, I saw the anger in his eyes.

"If you're looking for Hunter, he isn't home. He's at football practice." Alpha growled.

I nodded and walked away. I heard Alpha slam the front door shut and the house shook. Walking into the kitchen, I found Luna in the kitchen cooking. I sat in one of the chairs and sighed.

"You're missing Hunter aren't you?" She asked as her back was facing me.

"I guess." I said.

She said nothing in response. Luna turned around and placed food in front of me. I gave her a warm smile as in saying thank you.

"I felt the same way when Loka was gone away. " Luna said as she smiled.

I smiled at her and thanked her for the food.

'You're a very pretty girl Aurora. Hunter is lucky to have you." Isabella said.

"Thank you." I said to her.

She placed her hand on top of mine and I suddenly felt better about myself.

"Loka might seem to hate you but trust me darling, he doesn't. It takes him a while to warm up to people." She said.

"Thank you so much. Hopefully he starts warming up to me soon." I said.

She moved her hand away and starting cleaning. I began eating my food in silence. Half way through my breakfast, I heard the door slam. I jumped at the noise and looked over at the door.

"Loka is in a mood." Luna mumbled to herself.

I finished my food and put them in the dish washer. Thinking of things I could keep busy with, Isabella tapped me on my shoulder.

"Come with me." She said.

I said nothing and followed her. Isabella held onto my hand and walked me down one of the hallways. I had never been to this side of the house and it looked old.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see." She said.

We walked down the long hallway and turned to our right. I looked at the walls. They were different from the other walls of the house. There was an old paint along the walls. It started to peel off the wall. Isabella stopped at a door and let out calming breath.

"The pack house was very small. They decided to add on because the Beta's would be moving in. When Hunter was younger, we lived in a two room house." She said.

Isabella opened the door the room. We both walked in and she turned the lights on. I looked around and realized it was a baby room.

"Hunter was in this room as a baby. He was only in this room until he started school. I haven't been in this room in a decade." She said.

I looked around and saw pictures along the walls. There were all baby pictures of Hunter. He had his brown hair and big green eyes. There were many pictures of him with Alpha Loka and Luna Isabella. Placing my hand on one of the pictures, a layer of dust came off.