Chapter 43: Injuries

Hunter's POV

I followed what Mandy told me that day. She was right, I shouldn't have left Aurora. I was sure she was going to die, and I didn't want to be there when she died. I got up the next morning and decided to go see Aurora. I got up and got dressed. I brushed my hair and teeth quickly. I grabbed my phone and my wallet.  I left my room and walked down the hallway. I creaked the door open to Xavier's room and poked my head inside. He was fast asleep. I walked in and kneeled beside his bed.

"Morning buddy." I said softly as I rubbed his back.

He rolled over and looked at me. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Morning papa." He said as he yawned again.

"Are you ready for some breakfast?" I asked.

He nodded slowly. I got up and walked towards the door. He happily followed me out and down the hallway. He got to the stairs. I started walking down. He slid down the stairs on his butt.

"Who taught you that?" I asked as I laughed.

"Auntie Mandy." Xavier said as he got up.

He ran off into the kitchen. I walked past the living room and saw Chris past out on the couch. I laughed, and walked into the kitchen. I found Xavier hugging Mandy.

"I thought it would be funny to watch him do." She said.

"Aurora is going to kill you when she sees him doing that." I said as I walked to the fridge.

"I think she will think it's funny." Mandy said.

"I think it's cute." I said.

I got everything out. I decided to make pancakes for Xavier. It felt weird making pancakes without Aurora. I tried my best at making little baby pancakes for Xavier. I put some fruits on them and whipped cream.  I grabbed a fork and brought it to the table. I placed them in front of Xavier and his eyes lit up.

"Do you want some?" I asked Mandy.

"No I already ate." She said.

"It's 8 o'clock and you already ate?" I asked.

"I haven't slept yet. I was up all night talking to Chris." Mandy said as she rubbed her face.

I moved my eyebrows up and down at her.

"Not in that way Hunter. We are just friends." She said.

"Guys and girls can't just be friends. It's only a matter of time until one of you falls in love with the other." I said.

"Chris has got a mate out there somewhere, he will find her." Mandy said.

"Do remember Mandy, there are things called second mates. Chris is older than us and hasn't found his mate yet. There could be a chance you are his second mate." I said.

She slammed her head onto the table and sighed. I laughed at her as I put the pan away. I grabbed an apple and ate it quickly. Chris walked into the kitchen and yawned loudly. Xavier got off his chair and ran over to him.

"Morning." He said to us.

Xavier let Chris go and went back to the table. I shook hands with Chris as he walked past me. He sat down at the table beside Mandy.

"What's got you in a grumpy this morning Mandy?" Chris asked.

"I don't know, maybe staying up and watching a whole season of the walking dead. I'm tired." She said.

Chris put his hand her back. She didn't react to it, so he started rubbing her back.

"Well, I should go. I won't be gone long." I said.