Chapter 59: The hybrid

Austin led me to his car and opened the door for me. I turned my head in confusion.

"I'm old enough to drive." He said.

"It's not that. Where are we going?" I asked.

"You will see." Austin said.

I got into the car and he shut the door for me. I put my seatbelt on and he got in. He started up the car and drove away. We drove throughout the pack and I looked around.

"Have you ever been here?" He asked me.

"I don't know, maybe." I said.

Austin drove to the end of the pack territory and kept on driving. We sat in an awkward silence for what felt like hours, but were only twenty minutes.

"I know you have questions for me. You can start asking me." Austin said.

"Are you a werewolf?" I asked.

"Yes." He said.

"Can you shift?" I asked.

"No."  He said.

"Do you have a wolf?" I asked.

"No." He said.

"Then you are not a werewolf." I said with a firm voice.

"I'm pretty sure I am werewolf." Austin said.

He turned left and drove into the city. We were back where we were yesterday morning. I was confused, but I didn't say anything. I had already asked too many questions at one time. I didn't want to annoy Austin.  We drove past the bakery and where I first saw Austin. We drove into a driveway and I looked at the house confused.

"Stay here, I shouldn't be long." He said.

He quickly got out of the car and ran into the house. My wolf cried that our mate was no longer in the car. I even missed him, and we just met! I already felt attached to him. I liked Austin a lot, but did he like me? I looked up and saw him coming out of the house. He held a box in his hands. Austin threw them in the back seat and got back in.

"I'm sorry I took so long. My grandmother thought I was visiting her. I had to make up a reason why I had to go into her house." He said as he pulled out of the driveway.

We drove for another five minutes and then pulled into an old parking lot. It looked like no one has been using the parking lot in years. There were weeds everywhere and the lines on the ground were faded. Austin got out of the car and I followed his lead. He took the box out of the back and I closed the door for him. I followed him into a gated area. The gate was open, so we just walked in. I looked at all gravestones. I realized we were in a human graveyard. It looked very different from the ones back home. Austin and I walked all the way to the end of the graveyard and he stopped. He set the box down and looked down.

"That's my mother." He said as he pointed.

I looked at the gravestone. It was all faded and covered with dirt. I kneeled down and brushed the dirt away.  The gravestone read;

"Annabelle Monroe."

Austin sat down beside me. I set my butt to the floor and looked at the gravestone.

"You're mother was a werewolf?" I asked.

He shook his head. He took the top of the box off and pulled out a photo album. He flipped through it and landed on a picture.

"That's my mother." Austin said, pointing to a picture.

I looked at the women. She was laughing at something. She wore a beautiful white dress. His mother looked happy.