Chapter 9: Cat called

The next morning, I decided to wear a dress. This will be the first time I worn a dress to school since I was a child. I quickly got changed into my green dress. I brushed my hair and my teeth. I put my hair over my mark. It didn't hurt as much as it did before, which I was happy about. I put my heels on and headed down stairs.

"Is that Aurora I hear?" Isabella said.

"Indeed." I laughed.

I walked into the kitchen and saw the Omegas hard at work. Luna was sat at the kitchen looking down at paper work. She looked up at me and her eyes went wide. Luna looked at me up and down and then smiled.

"You look great in dresses." She said.

"Thanks." I said.

Omega's hurried to serve Luna her breakfast. If Alpha was here he would be working them twice as hard. Luna was a kind soul and was nothing like Alpha. It was a wonder how they were mates as they were nothing alike. Luna was kind to the Omegas while Alpha would be very rude.

Nancy placed food in front of me, breaking me out of my thoughts. I thanked her and began eating.

"Thanks for making my breakfast all the time." I said.

"It's no problem really." Nancy said.

"It's a wonder how Hunter has meat on his bones. He never eats in the morning and doesn't bring food to school. He has never cooked food for himself in his life, can't even imagine when he takes over as Alpha." Luna said.

I smiled warmly.

"He really likes you Aurora, you will be a great Luna. You should teach him a thing or two about cooking, I won't be here forever." She said.

Mandy walked into the kitchen.

"Where's my mother Isabella?" She asked.

"I don't know I haven't seen her yet." Isabella said.

Mandy sighed and sat down beside me. I looked down at her black boots. They had heels on them and made her probably the same height as me.

"Can you make me a bowl of oatmeal please?" Mandy asked Nancy.

"Of course. Would you like some tea girls before school?" She asked.

"Yes please." Mandy and I said.

We sat in silence as the water boiled. Nancy made us some tea and handed me the cup.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome." She said back.

Once Mandy got her breakfast, she got up and walked over to the table. Beta Mia came running down the stairs. She started grabbing all her stuff and hurried around.

"I slept in I'm so sorry." She said as she ran in.

"It's fine, we aren't going to be late." Mandy said.

"No Mandy it's not. I have a meeting today with the elders and a bunch of Beta's from differnt packs." Beta Mia said.

Beta Mia sat down on a chair and sighed. Beta Greg came into the kitchen.

"Come on Aurora." He said.

"Thanks again for the tea." I said.

"No problem!" Nancy yelled as I walked with Beta Greg.

*Lunch time.*

I stood at my locker waiting for Sophie. She wasn't here in first period and didn't answer my texts.. I leaned against my locker and looked down the hallway for her. Mandy came around the corner and walked past me. A guy whistled to her to get her attention but Mandy chose to ignored him and kept walking. A few more guys starting calling after her and giving her looks. One guy starting walking behind her and went to place his hand onto her shoulder.Mandy turned and grabbed a hold of hand. Mandy twisted his hand and he kneeled on the ground.

"I really hate being cat called." She growled.

"You're hot though." He laughed.

She grabbed his other arm and dropped his hand. Mandy held a tight grip on his arm and made her other hand into a fist.

"I'll break your fucking nose again if you cat call me ever again." She said.

As she went to punch him, the prinicpal walked around the corner. All his friends ran off and the prinicpal saw Many holding onto the guy.

"Release the boy Beta." The prinicpal demanded.

Mandy did as she said and let him go. He quickly got up and ran off. Mandy growled and walked away from the prinicpal. Sophie came around the corner breathless.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"I was home; my alarm didn't go off this morning. I got here as quickly as I could." She said.

We walked to our spot and sat down. I opened my bag and saw a container of food; one of the Omegas must had made me lunch.

"What did your mother say when you bought all those clothes home?" I asked.

"She didn't question it." She said.

I didn't say anything and we ate our lunch in peace. I looked over at the football field and was suddenly filled with saddness.

"I know you miss him." Sophie said.

"Where's Ben?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"I haven't seen him today, I don't think he's here." Sophie said.

"I kind of miss him." I said.

"He seems sad, did you say something to him?" She asked.

"I told him I couldn't go on a date with him and that I didn't like him in that way." I said.

"Poor Ben. He got his heart crushed." Sophie said.

I said nothing and kept eating. Near the end of lunch, I texted Ben.

"Where are you?" I texted him.

"I like that dress on you." Sophie said.

"Thanks." I said.

*At home.*

Beta Greg picked me up and dropped me off at the house.

"Thanks." I said to Beta Greg.

I shut the door to his car and he drove off. Walking into the house, I dropped my bag near the door and took my heels off. I walked into the kitchen and found a plate of brownies. I grabbed one and headed to my room. Changing quickly and running back downstairs was a everyday task. I walked into the kitchen and sat at the table. I worked on my homework until Isabella got home.

"How long have you been there for?" She asked me as she walked into the kitchen.

"Since I got home, why?" I asked.

"It's 8 o'clock." She said.

I looked up at the clock and rubbed my eyes.

"Stop working before you hurt something." Isabella said.

I laughed. She made us dinner and we ate in peace. Once we were finished, I helped her clean up the kitchen. I yawned loudly as I loaded the dish washer.

"Go to bed kid." She said.

I nodded and walked down the hall. I ran up the stairs. I passed by Mandy's room and she was singing again. I smiled and walked to my room. I plugged my phone in and got into my bed. I closed my eyes and started to fall asleep. I than realized, Hunter hasn't talked to me all day.