Chapter 35: The test results

I woke up to something patting my face. I tried to ignore it, but it wouldn't go away. I finally opened my eyes and saw little Xavier sitting on me. I laughed at him. I heard a loud growl. I looked at him confused, thinking he was growling at me. I realized it was his stomach.

"Are you hungry?" I asked him.

He nodded happily. He rolled off me and onto the side of the bed. Xavier slid off the bed and ran towards the door. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I looked over and Hunter asleep on the couch. I smiled at him. Xavier waited at the door. I'm pretty sure if he could reach the door nod, he would be running down the hallway. I got up and grabbed my phone. I walked over to Hunter and took a picture of him. I smiled at the picture. Xavier tapped at the door as he started to lose patience. I bent down and kissed Hunter's forehead. He smiled in his sleep. I opened the door for Xavier, and he ran down the hallway. I closed the door behind me and tried to catch up with him. I grabbed him right before he got to the stairs.

"You have to be careful." I whispered to him.

He nodded as we walked down the stairs. I placed him back on the floor. He ran to the kitchen. No one was in the kitchen. The house was quiet. I looked up at the clock. It was only 7. I yawned and went to the fridge. Hunter filled a shelf with food for Xavier.  I grabbed one of the glass containers and popped it open. Xavier heard the popping noise and came running over.

"Do you know this noise?" I asked as I laughed.

He nodded. I grabbed a spoon and led him over to the table. I put something on the chair so he could reach the table. I placed him on the chair and moved it in. I handed him the spoon and let him eat it. I went to fridge and poured him a cup of milk. I placed the cup in front of him and let him do his thing. I looked thru the kitchen to find something to eat. I decided breakfast wraps would be good. I grabbed everything that looked good and placed it on the counter. I looked over at Xavier who was licking the container.

"Do you want another one?" I asked.

"Yes please." He said.

I grabbed another container and opened it. I placed it front of him and took the other container from him. I put it on the counter and got to work on breakfast. I cooked some bacon. While I waited for the bacon to cook thru, I shredded cheese, lettuce and cut some tomatoes.  When the bacon was done, I made the wraps. I made a couple for myself and some for Hunter. I put a couple of extra things I knew Hunter would like in his. I cleaned up after myself and threw everything in the dish washer. I took the container from Xavier and the cup. I put it in the sink and grabbed the plates.

"Come on." I said to him.

He hopped down from his seat and followed me up the stairs. He could walk up stairs find but going down stairs was harder. I balanced the plates and opened the bedroom door. I looked at the couch to see if Hunter had moved. He was sat up and had his face in his hands.

"Good morning gorgeous." I said.

He looked up at me and smiled. I handed him the plate of food.

"Those look good." Hunter said.

"They better look and taste good." I said.

"I love anything you cook me. Thanks babe." He said.

"You're welcome." I said.

Xavier ran over to the bed and grabbed the stuffed toy. Hunter looked at the child, and then down at his food.

"Did you feed him?" He asked.

"Two containers. The boy can eat." I said.

"Hm." Hunter said.

He bit into his food. I looked over at Xavier who was sat playing with his toy.