Chapter 5: Date night

*A few days later.*

"Aurora, get up." A voice said.

I opened my eyes a little and closed them again. Ignoring the voice, I tried rolling over but hit the wall in the process. I tried to fake asleep, but the person wouldn't go away.

"If you don't get up I'm going to pour a bucket of water on you." The voice said.

I opened my eyes again and rolled over. Hunter stood in my door way shirtless. I quickly looked up him up and down. Sitting up I stretched and made a loud noise.

"What time is it?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes.

"9 o'clock." Hunter said.

"Why are you waking me up so early on a Saturday?" I asked.

"I have things planned today and you're coming with me." He stated.

I sighed loudly and smacked my head down on the bed.

"Just get up and get dressed. I'll meet you down stairs." Hunter said.

He left the door open and walked down the hallway. I got up and grabbed my phone. Looking down at my phone I saw one text message. It was from Sophie and it read;

"Hey Aurora, do you want to go for a run today?"

"I don't know Sop, I'm going out today with someone and I don't know how long I'll be." I wrote.

I sent the text and went to change. Grabbing some tights and a t-shirt, I headed into the bathroom. I went back and grabbed my phone and had no answer from Sophie. I walked down stairs and smelled something. Sniffing the air burned my nose. I rubbed my nose as it felt like it was on fire. Following the scent into the kitchen, Hunter was stood behind the stove frying bacon. The bacon looked blacker than ever and the toast was black as well.

"You're not the greatest chef." I said to him.

"I was never taught." He laughed.

I sat down and watched him struggle. Seeing the bacon was beyond edible, he threw them in the trash. Hunter tried cutting fruit but nearly cut his finger off.

"You cut food like a child." I laughed.

He started laughing too. Hating to see him hurt himself, I got up and walked over to him. Taking the knife from him, I cut the piece of fruits he had and handed him back the knife.

"That's how it's done." I said.

"I'm guessing you have a chef in your family?" Hunter asked.

"My dad was a chef. He taught me a lot." I said.

I walked back to my seat. He picked up the pieces of burned bacon and threw them away.

"Is this your first time cooking?" I asked.

"Sort of." He said.

"Let me make something before you burn this house down." I offered.

He dragged one of the stools out from under the island and took a seat. I looked through the cupboards and found a bag of pancake mix. Mixing up the pancakes and saw Hunter staring at my every move. I placed the mix onto the frying pan and waited for it cook. Fifteen pancakes later I realized I had made way too much. Stacking a plate of pancakes for Hunter and for myself. I slid the plate over to him and gave him a warm smile We ate in silence and enjoyed the meal I made. After breakfast, Hunter grabbed our plates and put them in the dish washer. Isabella came into the kitchen and looked at both of us.

"Morning mother." Hunter said.

"Why does it smell like burned bacon?" She asked.

"I tried cooking." He said.