Chapter 23: Wounds

Aurora's POV

Mother helped Delilah up and brought her to her mattress.

"Are you okay?" Mother asked.

"I'm fine." Delilah said as she coughed.

My mother nodded. She walked back over to me and sat down.

"What kind of place am I in?" I asked.

"This was our old pack territory. The pack burned down, and so did our Alpha." My mother explained.

"Someone else stepped up as Alpha." I said.

My mother nodded.

"Why did you stay? You could have run." I said.

"It was either stay or die. I didn't want to die and neither did Chris." She said.

I sighed. I would rather be dead than be in this place.

"Where did you end up after our pack?" Mother asked me.

"The moonlight pack." I said.

"Alpha Loka and Luna Isabella?" She asked.

I nodded. I hadn't thought about them until she said it. I wondered if they noticed I was gone. I figured Alpha had Hunter married off by now to the she wolf. She's probably pregnant by now. I kept my shield up now because I didn't want to feel his happiness with her.

"How's Ella?" My mother asked.

I looked up at her and was confused.

"Your wolf darling." She said.

"Hi mommy! I missed you!" Ella cheered in my head.

"She said hi mommy I missed you." I said as I laughed.

My mother smiled at me. She put her hand up to my face again.

"I missed my baby." She said softly.

We heard someone at the door. My mother jumped on and ran over to another wall. Jim opened the door and closed it behind him.

"Evening Mika." He said as he walked past her.

"Evening Jim." She said.

He held chains in his hands.  I was terrified he was going to take me back to the Alpha. Jim looked around the room. He picked two girls who were across the room. I let out a breath of relief. He chained them up and brought them out.  Mother walked back over to me and sat down on the floor.

"You need to get out of here." My mother said.

"Why?" I asked.

"They kill rogues here. That's why that girl who threw up didn't come back. Alpha makes killing into a sick game. They are murders and rapists." She said.

"They rape rogues?" I asked.

"They only rape the ones that are in heat. Be thankful you aren't in heat." My mother said.

I felt sweat drip down my face. I couldn't tell her I was marked. I was going to go into heat soon.  They were most likely going to rape me and then kill me. I laughed mentally at the thought. I always thought I would die old and with my mate, but no. I'm going to die here in this basement. I sat on my mattress and thought about dark things. I wondered about Hunter. I was broken out of my thoughts by the door smacking open. I looked over at the door. The two girls walked in. One of the girls had black around her eye lids. The other girl's face was cut and bloody. Jim took the chains off the one girl and she ran back to her spot. He took the handcuffs off the other girl. She went to walk away, but Jim grabbed her. He threw her up against a wall and began punching her.