Chapter 25: The unnamed pack

Hunter's POV

Ethan showed us to the guest part of their house. I looked around as we walked. Their pack house is twice as big as ours.

"Welcome to your home for the night." Ethan said.

He opened the doors to the guest part of the house. It was way bigger than my kitchen back home.

"One of you will be sleeping on the floor. We had to get rid of one of the beds. My son thought it would be funny and to jump on the bed." Ethan said.

He cleared his throat and showed us to the bathroom.

"Clark will be bringing in some towels for showers. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask." He said.

"Thank you so much." My mother said.

Ethan nodded. He walked out and shut the doors behind him.

"I'll take the floor." I said.

"Are you sure?" My mother asked.

I nodded my head. I grabbed a blanket off a chair and placed it on the floor. My mother threw me a pillow.

"Thanks." I said.

I placed it on top of the blanket and laid back down.  I wiped my face with my hands and sighed. I felt a blanket be thrown on me. I looked up and saw Clark standing beside me.

"Thanks." I said.

She nodded.

"Night everyone." My mother said.

"Night." Mandy and I said.

The light was turned off and the door shut. I turned my best to sleep. I kept on tossing and turning. After what felt like hours, I finally fell asleep. I was woken up by someone patting my chest.

"Hunter, get up." Mandy said.

I opened my eyes and saw it was bright. It felt like I only slept an hour.

"What time is it?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes.

"10:30. Go get a shower before we leave." She said.

I jumped up and walked to the bathroom. I found some towels and a clean pair of clothes. I stripped down and hopped into the shower. I bathed as quickly as I could and got out. I dried myself and put on the clean clothes. I placed my dirty clothes and towels into the basket. I turned around and looked at the counter. I found a tooth brush and tooth paste. I cleaned my teeth and brushed my hair with a brush that was on the counter. I walked out and found the room was empty. I found my way to the kitchen and found everyone. I sat down on a chair. I felt mother fluff my hair up. I laughed at her and fixed my hair.

"Fuel up. It will be a long day." Clark said to me as she placed a plate full of food in front of me.

"Thank you very much." I said.

"You're welcome." Clark said.

We all ate in silence. Once I was finished, I placed my dishes in the sink.

"Hunter, come into my office." Ethan said.

I nodded. I followed him into his office. I closed the door behind me.

"You said smelled your mate in the next pack's territory. Was it this one?" He asked pointing to a map.

"No, her scent was around here." I said pointing to another side of his pack.

He looked at the map confused. He put his glasses on and looked closer.

"There isn't a pack there anymore." Ethan said.