Unbuckle My Belt

(Kalila)

I had no clue where I was going. I just drove and eventually came up to a lit up sign that said "Seaside Bar and Grill" and pulled into the parking lot.

I turned the rear view mirror to my face and shuddered. My right cheek was still swollen and the bruise, the size of a quarter, was dark.

It didn't help that I bruise easily, it was going to get worse.
"Fuck", I hissed and reached for my purse.

I pulled out a small tube of heavy-duty waterproof concealer that could only be concealed with a specific solution.

I used it to cover up my two visible tattoos for certain occasions. All five of my tattoos were tiny, so it didn't take much.

If this could cover tattoos, it should cover a bruise.
I softly dabbed the concealer on the bruise, gradually making it fade.

Once I was satisfied, I flipped my hair to my right side to help cover it, then  headed into the bar.

Three glasses of Pinot Grigio and seven Candy Crush levels later, I was very relaxed.

The bar had a beautiful outdoor deck in the back. Pretty string lights dimly lit the area.

A small group of people came out to be seated and I heard a girl gasp, "That entire....", she gestured toward me with both hands, from my head to my feet, "....outfit, I want it!!"

She had clearly been drinking so she's my best friend for the night.

I laughed, "Thank you, come here!  Have a drink with me!", I waved her over, her friends were about to sit down, but watched her run over to me, so they paused.

"Ya'll come here", she waved them over and they all smiled at me and instantly joined us.

"I'm Gwen", she held out her hand and I shook it, smiling back at her, "I'm Lila".

We all introduced ourselves and sat down. The waiter came over, we ordered and minutes later we had five bottles of wine at our table.

"I do though, I really love the white button down and the jeans, the shoes, the whole look", Gwen smiled as she took a sip.

"I just don't think I could ever pull it off though", she said as she leaned over and smacked her hip.
I took a sip from my glass and smiled at her, looking her up and down.

"Grab our glasses", I said as I picked up a bottle of wine.

Gwen laughed and didn't question me. I walked to the end of the deck and out onto the beach.

I saw a sand dune not far from us and quickly walked toward it, "Come on!"

She was right behind me, still laughing,
"What are we doing?", she giggled.
"You're going to pull it off", I said as I pushed the bottle in the sand and started to unbuckle my belt.