Take A Sip

(Liam)

I took a break from the weights and checked my phone to see if Cheryl had texted or called me back.

After my last appointment of the day ended, I left the office and had gone by Cheryl's shop to surprise her.

Her employee, Hailey, was managing the store alone and didn't know where Cheryl was.

I called her, but no answer.
I called her best friend, Olivia, but she didn't know where she was, either.

I decided to give it a while. There were lots of reasons she why she might not be able to answer her phone.

But now it was hours later and I still hadn't heard back from her, which wasn't common for Cheryl.

I packed up my gym bag and decided to drive to her house to see if she was there.
I was starting to get worried.

Her white Land Rover was home, but the house was dark.
I parked around back of the house and used my key, letting myself in.

"Cheryl? Baby?", I walked to her bedroom.

A green dress lied crumpled on the neatly made bed and a bra and blue pair of panties were on the floor.

Shutting the lights back off, I got out my phone and called hers. A faint ring came from her kitchen and I found her phone on the one of the counters.

Confused, I turned the lights back off and walked out of the house. I pulled around to the front of her house and saw a black Range Rover now parked at the front door.

I got out of my car and walked towards it as I watched the passenger side open and Cheryl stumble out of it.

What the fu....

A tall man hurried out of the driver's side and ran to her just as she was about to fall over.

My jaw dropped and my eyes narrowed as I realized what she was wearing....and what she was not, as I stared at her nipples.

I ran over to the man to grab Cheryl away from him, but he shoved me back and glared at me.

"Who the fuck are you?", his eyes were fiercely locked on mine.

"I'm her boyfriend, who the fuck are YOU", I shouted and grabbed Cheryl, this time he didn't fight me.

"What the fuck is going on?!", I stared him down, then looked down at Cheryl who was giggling and smelled like vodka.

(Cheryl)

I was bent over, grabbing at my throat, coughing, and Harry ran over to me.
"Cheryl! Oh my God!", he held me up, letting me put all of my energy into sucking in air.

"That fucking PSYCHO! Cheryl,
I'm so sorry....I'm so sorry, I never would've told you to say those things if I thought Zayn would do anything like that, what the FUCK?!", Harry yelled, looking down at Zayn's body, lying unconscious.

"I'm fine...", I coughed out and looked at Zayn, "....but he's not going to be out long enough. Hurry, we've got to move. Get some water", I pushed out my words in a raspy voice, my throat killing me.

Harry hurried to grab a chair, sat me down in it and brought me some water.
I wiped the tears off of my cheeks and rubbed my temples, an enormous headache was forming.

I slipped the tiny package of crushed Rohypnol out from the elastic waist of my panties and poured the powder into the water.

Harry watched me intensely and rubbed my back. My breathing began to slow and I assured him I was okay, but had an extreme headache.

Harry held the water up to me.
"Take a sip", he looked at me seriously, then down at my neck with a look full of concern.

I held the glass and looked down at it.

Fuck
Anything to stop the throbbing
It wasn't just my headache
I couldn't take in a breath without coughing
My neck burned
Anything to stop this pain

"Cheryl, please", Harry nodded to the drugged water while he looked at my neck, "A sip. I'll take care of you".

The throbbing in my head begged me to listen to him.
I took a good sized sip and looked over at Zayn.

"You need to get out or hide", I whispered urgently to him, "He can't see you. He'll be disoriented when-"

I stopped talking when I heard a small groan from Zayn.
I looked at Harry and mouthed "I got this, go" and pointed out of the room, still rubbing my neck.

(Harry)

I hurried away and hid.

All of this happened in seconds.
It was like we were in fast forward through it all.

I was worried that between Cheryl being choked and given how fast everything was happening, that she wasn't going to be able to handle it all.

Boy was I wrong

I watched her as she ran and grabbed a rolling pin out of a copper caddy.

She ran, grabbed a stool and set it underneath a descended ceiling fan.

Cheryl climbed up and stood on the stool, then with all of her strength,
swung the rolling pin at the thin, long, metal piece that connected
the fan to the ceiling.

The fan came down near Zayn, hard, onto the floor and broke in several places.

Zayn jumped at the sound and began to stir, but wasn't opening his eyes.

She quickly put the stool and rolling pin back in their original places and grabbed the glass of water.

Cheryl got down on her knees next to Zayn and started acting.

Zayn! Oh my God!", Cheryl said, loudly.
He hummed in response and started trying to pull himself up.

"Zayn! A fan came down on your head!", she pretended to be frantic, worried and scared.

Zayn rolled onto his side, then propped himself up on an elbow, supporting his upper body.
"Wha....", he squinted and looked at Cheryl.

His expression went from confused to worried.
"Cheryl", he began, but Cheryl spoke fast.

"Zayn, I'm so sorry! There was an accident! Here! Drink some water!", she looked at him with such an authentic appearance of concern that I understood, it was genuine.

She can't help the way she feels about him
As much as I can't understand why, I know how she feels

"Cher-", Zayn rubbed the back of his head, but again, she talked fast.

"Shhh, baby, here", she held the glass up to his lips and he took it, then drank it down in his state of complete confusion.

YES
I breathed out the breath I was holding in.