My Turn

(Gwen)

"Gwen!", Niall yelled, running after me.

"Leave me alone!", I yelled back at him, his words echoing in my head.

Gwen, you have to trust me on this
Theo just wanted to sleep with you

"GWEN! Please!", he yelled and I stopped running. I heard him run into the room and I just stood there with my back toward him.

I slowly turned around, my face stone cold.

"I'm smart. How could I have been so dumb? I'm...smart", I said, breathlessly.

He didn't say anything.

"I'd never have done that....never would've fallen for...any of that", I said, looking away from him.

Theo used me
No
Yes
God
My mind is everywhere

"That's what I'm talking about, Gwen. He's had a lot of experience, he knows what to say and what to do. To him, women are like toys that he wants to...", Niall shut up and looked up at the ceiling. I could tell he didn't want to make me feel worse.

"Gwen, just....tell me you'll never see him again"

"God....", I shook my head.
"I can't believe everything that's happened in the last twenty-four hours".

I stared off into space for a few seconds, everything flashing through my mind like a projector speeding through slides.

"Niall, after Liam gets those prescriptions for me, I'm gonna head back. I've got some exams coming up and I want to focus on studying, not...any of this. And don't worry. I'll never see that asshole again".

The next day, Liam brought my medications. He went over the instructions for the third time, if and when a certain part of my body starts feeling...out of my control.

After eating lunch, I was on the road, flooded with thoughts I couldn't control.

Stop thinking about him
Take CONTROL
Be smart
Fuck I'm tired of being smart
I'm tired of being in control
But I'm not in control with him
Stop
Okay
Just breathe
Everything's fine

A few hours later, I pulled up to the back of my townhouse.

I shut off the engine and sat for a moment with my eyes closed, clearing my head.

When I opened my eyes, Theo stood next to my car door, making me scream out in shock.

My fear went to anger and my blood began to boil. I pushed my door open and pointed at Theo's face.

"What're you doing here, Theo?! You scared the FUCK out of me!!", I screamed, glaring at him like the asshole he was.

I mentally shoved away the fact that the sight of him excited me.

"You wouldn't answer my calls!", he yelled.

"H-", I started to ask him questions, but stopped myself. I turned around and began walking again, "Go home. You got what you wanted"