Wink

(Kalila)

I cut the two grilled cheese sandwiches into two halves, diagonally.

"That's the way I cut my sandwiches, too", Niall smiled, taking a sip of his wine.
"Doesn't it make more sense?! I'll never understand why anyone would cut horizontally", I grinned, "Insanity."

I took a bite and looked thoughtfully at Niall.

"I completely understand if you're too drained to tell me what's going on", I told him.

He chewed his bite while his forehead wrinkled when he drew his eyebrows together. He shook his head and slightly waved his hand through the air, expressing that he's fine explaining things to me.

Niall swallowed the bite and cleared his throat.

"No, you should know what's going on", he said and looked down at his grilled cheese.

"So, that night, when Liam brought Theo over for dinner", he began.

(Gwen)

After dinner, we made our way into a beautiful room with a large bar, couches, coffee tables and a baby grand piano.

I was very aware that Theo was behind me as we walked in.
I went to the bar and got out a wine glass.

I didn't even know Niall was near me until I felt a hand gently cover my hand that was holding the glass.

"Are you driving home tonight or staying over?", Niall raised an eyebrow, looking down at me.

"I'm driving home because I have a ton of studying to do, I only want one glass", I said to Niall very quickly.

"You're the one who's always trying to loosen me up", I reminded him.

"Loosen up, yes, be dangerous, no".

He let go of my hand and smirked at me.
"One", he said before walking over to Liam who had been trying to ask him something.

I poured Merlot into my glass and took a sip. My eyes involuntarily closed from the lovely scent and taste of it.

"I loved your salad", I heard Theo's voice come from my side.
"I think it's my favorite now, too".

I smiled and looked at him.

HOLY
His eyes
His eyebrows
His cheekbones, his nose, lips, jawline, neck, collarbones and muscles ALL over

BREATHE

"I'm still amazed that you're a sophomore in college and seventeen years old", he said, friendly.

I immediately withdrew.
My insecurities took over, as usual.

I hate any focus on my age
People like to praise me about my accomplishments but I can tell that they don't really care
I don't fit in with people my age and I don't fit in with the people in my classes
The only reason I fit in here is because I'm Cullen's little sister

"Hey", Theo nudged my arm with his elbow, "Where'd you go?", he leaned over, making me look him in the eye.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I...was just thinking...", I said, smiling. I couldn't figure out what to say next. I took a long sip of my wine.