He'll Never Love You Like I Can

(Harry)

Zayn and I watched Lila run down the deck steps to the beach.

No shoes, no phone, not even in underwear, she wore only my white t-shirt.

Zayn turned and faced me, enraged and annoyed.

"I need to talk to you", he said walking past me.

I looked back to the stairs that Lila just ran down.

"Don't even try. Come on", he said, still walking toward his shattered doors, not looking at me, but knowing my thoughts.

I walked over the glass and into Zayn's house and followed him until he reached two large doors.

He opened them both and we walked into what looked to be his office.
It was big. The whole house was gigantic.

But not as big as mine
But if I'm honest, it's decorated better

He pointed to one of the chairs that faced his desk.

"Sit", he said as he strode over to a bar.

I raised an eyebrow at him and sat on his desk, crossing my arms and ankles over each other.

I looked down to see photographs in silver frames. All of the pictures were of Lila and it sent a ripple through my stomach.

I hate this
I hate that she lives here

Zayn got out two glasses and picked up a slender decanter filled with dark liquid.

"It's nine in the morning", I scoffed, looking him up and down.

"My fiancé just ran off...practically naked", Zayn said as he poured.

"....my back doors are in pieces...", he blinked and looked at me, then back to the glasses and picked one of them up.

"....and the man my fiancé cheated on me with is standing, shirtless, in my office", he swigged back the whole drink and poured himself another.

"I think a little bourbon is admissible under these circumstances", he said as he walked over to the small desk that sat in-between the two chairs facing his large desk.

He gestured to one of the chairs.

"Please", he said, asking me to sit this time instead of telling me.

I inhaled, keeping my arms crossed, then uncrossed my ankles and got off of the desk as I exhaled.

"You're going to want this", Zayn said, placing the second glass of bourbon next to me on the table.

"What do you want", I said, ignoring him.

I sat down in a chair with my arms still crossed, then put my right ankle to rest on my left knee.

"You need to stay away from Kalila", he replied with an even stare.

"Not your decision", I stared back.

He reached into his desk and got out a pack of cigarettes. Zayn held one out to me and I shook my head once, holding my stare.

"Fuck", Zayn said as he put it between his teeth, then looked down and chuckled, shaking his head.

He lit his cigarette and inhaled, smiling.

"This was not supposed to happen", he said, exhaling smoke, "I had it all figured out", he said while rubbing his eyebrows with one hand.

I just sat, watching him.
And he sat for a minute, looking at his lighter.

"You need to stay away from Kalila. From now on, out of her life completely", he repeated, still looking at his lighter.

"If she tells me to stay away from her, I will....", I said.

No you wouldn't

"....but until that happens, I'm not going anywhere", I uncrossed my arms, pulled my foot down off my knee and leaned forward, interlacing my fingers.

"She's a grown woman, she can make her own decis-", then he cut me off.

"Enough with that shit", he said, his eyes shooting daggers into mine.

"I know her better than anyone in the world. I know how to take care of her the way that she needs. I love her more than anyone else could possibly love her. I'm what's best for her.
I'm her fiancé and she is my life".

"No", my eyes narrowed at him and I stood up, staring down at him, "I can see right through you, Zayn. It's not about her, it's all about you. How you feel, what you want. She's not your life.
She's a girl in your life".

At that, Zayn stood up.

"There's so much you don't know", he said, walking over to me.

"I don't need to. I can see your relationship for what it really is and for some reason, Lila can't. Right now, at this point, that's all I care about. She needs to see who you really are before she makes vows to you. It's not fair to her".

Zayn looked at me and smiled.
"No, you're not", he said, simply.

"Who's going to stop me?"

"The police.", he said, still smiling.

"You can't have me arrested for talking to Lila"

"No, not for that. But I can still have you arrested", he folded his arms across his chest.

"What the fuck are you talking about? No. You can't".

"Kalila's seventeen years old, Harry"