"The circle..."- chapter 4 ?

Alissa PoV
"Clary come on we have to go" Simon pleaded, his voice starting to sound impatient. But she only turned towards him, sighing deeply.

"Simon, I think that Jace can help us" She said taking his hand.

"What?" He asked in horror as the police sirens nearby was getting louder, definitely heading towards the Institute.

"Come on" Clary replied while pulling him towards the doors of the institute.

"How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even gonna try..." Simon started to ramble on until Jace interrupted him.

"Mundane, we do not have the time." He scowled, turning round and giving him a look to shut up. We walked inside the Institute and I watched curiously as Jace used his Stele to draw a symbol on his arm. But then grabbed Simons hand making his eyes go wide in shock.

"Buddy! What's going on, man. I'm not your type man. I don't even..." Simon started panicking until he saw the Institute starting to become clear before his eyes. "Where are we? What the hell... Erm, guys is there a war going on that I don't know about?"

"There is now" Jace smirked before walking away from him and towards some kind of screen on the wall.

"I think our mothers in the centre of it" I replied before walking quickly after Jace.

"What is this place? There's a lot of gear in here, what'd they do? Rob a tech shop?" Simon asked as Jace scoffed, swiping across a screen showing the front entrance of the institute.

"So this cold-blooded killer, is gonna help us?" Simon asked, whispering in my ear making me sigh again.

"He's not a killer. He's protecting us" I replied loud enough for Jace to hear before looking back at the screen.

"Specifically, you two. It's sort of our thing" Jace said shrugging.

"Your thing, you guys have a thing" Simon laughed finding this whole situation ridiculous.

"He means a Shadowhunter thing" I said turning my attention back at Simon "Apparently that's what they do, protect humans from demons"

"Demons?" Simon said laughing in disbelief "Right that makes perfect sense, cause there are demons running all around New York"

"This is the first correct thing you've said all day" Jace said pointing at the screen to the policeman standing at the entrance of the institute.

"Won't they find us?" Clary asked confused as the policeman knocked on the Institutes front door. 

"No, our wards will deter them and the NYPD will do their typical Mundie thing for a few hours and then the area will be clear." Jace said chuckling, shaking his head at the screen.

"What is going on!" Alec shouted closely behind me making jump and i turned around to face him. I grabbed my head in pain due to the sharp pain coming from it. "Why is there a mundane in the institute."

"A circle member followed him to get to Clary and Alissa" Jace explained. Alec looked down at me and his eyes then looked up at my hand which was on my head, raising an eyebrow. I wonder why my demon scratch healed but not my head was still throbbing.

"A circle rune. Just like the guys that took our mother" I said to Alec looking him in the eye. But he just narrowed his eyes at me.