"Don't leave me..."- S2 Chapter 5 ?

Alissa's PoV
"I can't believe you two lied to Aldertree." Izzy said to us as I pulled out of the hug. I immediately felt bad as I made the front of her T-shirt wet.

"We couldn't let him go after Jace like he did before." Clary said softly.

"Okay, So Dot took down the wards and you three jumped of the ship together?" Izzy asked us.

"Yeah, but as soon as we hit the water, the tide was so strong, I still can't believe Clary was able to help me swim the whole way without drowning but... we lost Jace, we looked everywhere. But... We couldn't find him." I sighed. "Wait, If he And Alec are going through the same thing, he wouldn't be able to swim. He could be..."  Izzy interrupted me

"No... Jace is alive. If he were dead Alec's Parabatai rune would have faded." Izzy explained.

"So that's good news, right?" Clary asked, hopefully.

"Yeah, but I don't know how much time Alec has left. Jace might be his only hope, and for all we know Valentine and the circle has already found him." Izzy sighed.

"Look, Izzy... Jace is the strongest person we know. We're gonna find him. I promise." I say, reassuringly.

Later on...
After I changed my clothes, I headed towards Alec's room, hoping he is alright. I can't lose him now, not after being away from him for 4 months. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Magnus opened the door and his eyes widen.

"Alissa, oh my god you're back, I've missed you so much!" Magnus screeches his voice breaking as he pulled me into a tight hug. I've missed him too.

"I'm missed you too Magnus." I smiled, but my smile faded after I saw Alec laying on the bed. "Alec... is he going to be okay?"

"I don't know." He sighed as I walked over to the bed and laid next to him, holding his hand. "I've tried everything I can do to try and wake him up but nothing..."

"Have you been here with Alec this whole time?" I asked tears in my eyes again as I looked at Alec's pale face.

"I think my magic is the only reason Alec still has a chance but... my magic won't last forever. Sooner or later, I'm gonna burn out." Magnus said. I watched as Izzy walked in and started helping Magnus with his herbs and potions.

"Best team..." Alec whispered as We all looked down at him. "Best team."

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here now. Alec, you hear me? We are going to get you out of here and bring you back." I said tears falling down my face as I held his hand tighter.

"You put in a request to transfer your brother to Idris?" Aldertree Said as he barged into the room, startling us.

"My parents put in the request." Izzy corrected.

"Alec isn't leaving this Institute. I'm sure his warlock friend can figure something out. Here." Aldertree ordered.

"This isn't waking Sleeping Beauty up with a kiss. Runic power is deep. It requires magic that can't be accessed in the walls of this institute." Magnus scoffed.

"I don't know what you're up to. And, ultimately. I don't care. But as far as I'm concerned. Your brother is too weak to be portaled." Aldertree explained as I scoffed.

"You're just using Alec as bait to arrest Jace." I spat. "I won't allow that"

"No, I'm working to capture your brother, the fugitive who put Alec in this position. I have allowed this warlock into the institute for the sole purpose of treating your boyfriend. Although, you don't seem to be doing a good job of it. I'm placing Raj by the door. Do not try this again." Aldertree Said as he left the room. We all glared at Raj as he stood next to the doorframe.