"Valentines our father..." - chapter 6 ?

Alissa's PoV
"Ahhh!" I shrieked tripping over my feet on the stairs until a pair of hands grabbed me by my waist before my body hit the ground. I opened my eyes slowly  to see Alec looking down at me concerned.

"Woah, be more careful" He scoffed  before placing me back on my feet. I grabbed his hand so he could help guide me down the rest of the stairs. Once we reached the bottom, it was pitch black. Alec pulled something out of his pocket that looked like some type of crystal.

"What's that?" I asked as the crystal suddenly lit up the dark tunnel with a bright white light.

"It's a witchlight. We carry it to remind us that light can be found in even the darkest of places, and its cooler then a flashlight. Here" He said placing the witchlight in my hands. We carried on walking until we came across a statue which was holding a cup, very similar to the Mortal Cup.

"Is that meant to be the Mortal cup" I asked Alec as I walked closer to the statue to try and get a closer look. "What does that say?" I asked again pointing to what was marked on the sword as I couldn't quite make out what it read.

"It's the Shadowhunters creed. 'Looking better in black then the widows of our enemies.'" He smirked, making me roll my eyes.

"My Latin's pretty rusty. But I'm almost positive that's not what it says" I chucked, shaking my head slowly.

"For Shadowhunters the descent to hell is easy" Alec read out, my eyes widened slightly and I turned to look at the statue again.

"That should be a postcard" I scoffed, as he points to right, the way the sword was pointing.

"It's this way" He said guiding me again. We kept walking until I could make out a bright light at the end of the tunnel. He then took the witchlight out of my hands and placed it back into his pocket.

"So... do you have problem with me or something?" I asked casually, he let go of my hand and stopped walking. I looked up at him to see that he looked confused  but then his face turned completely emotionless. Wow, Alissa great timing.

"Everything was fine until you and your annoying sister came along " He muttered. "You're just a distraction for us, especially Clary for Jace." I raised an eyebrow at him, He thinks I'm a distraction? Jeez. Over reactive much?

"Ugh, could you just please stop blaming us and begin to trust me for once. It wasn't over fault we were suddenly introduced to this mess." I scoffed as he looked down at me with some kind of emotion i couldn't figure out.

"Alissa, it's just..." He began to speak, until I put my hand up to stop him.

"No, Alec it's fine. It doesn't matter now anyway." I grumbled walking away from him. But he caught up to me before i walked into a lowly lit room. The first thing I noticed was that there was circle of light in the middle with a symbol covering the centre of the circle.

"Not creepy at all..." I gasped as fire suddenly started to appear around us, somehow naturally I grabbed Alec's hand for comfort, he could probably feel my hands trembling.

"Shadowhunters... come into the circle" a man shouted in a really deep voice. I could feel Alec's hand start to slightly shake too so we moved closer, my head almost on his chest we were that close.

"Annalise Fairchild, Come into the circle" another Silent Brother said. I looked up at Alec to give him an reassuring smile before we went to walk into the circle. "Step away, Alexander Lightwood" I looked back up at him again in panic, not wanting him to leave me alone right now.