"Theres someone here."- chapter 14 ?

Alissa's PoV
"Have you been doing parkour or something?" Clary asked Simon as she went up the ladder after him. I went after her, but I could feel Alec's eyes on me as I went up the ladder.

"Enjoying the view down there?" I smirked, looking down at him, making him cough and look away. I just laughed and carried on going up the ladder.

"You've gotten a lot better at this" Simon said to Clary.

"I was just gonna say the same thing about you." Clary smirked.

"Climbing a fire escape excites mundanes. I'll never understand these people." Alec scoffed as I kicked my foot down on his shoulder, "ow!" He complained then glared up at me.

"Woah" Clary gasped as she made it to the top of the ladder "I don't remember it like this." Once I made it to the top I saw her looking at pictures of runes that were drawn on the walls.

"These are runes and wards of protection casted by a warlock" Alec said.

"And some of these have been here for years." Alec said pointing at some of the old worn out, runes.

"The only difference is now we can actually see them" I sighed, brushing my hand over the wall.

"Yo, Girls. What are all these tags?" Simon said to us, pointing at the runes on the wall. Making Alec's eyes go wide in confusion.

"You can see the runes?" Alec asked while looking at Simon, curiously.

"Kind of hard to miss." Simon chuckled as if it was obvious.

"For a Shadowhunters" Alec said as he walked closer to Simon. "They should be invisible to most mundanes. When did you get the sight?" Simon just shrugged.

"I don't know. But whoever drew these should take some lessons from Clary, their work is pretty sloppy." Simon said making me laugh slightly.

"Oh look, this is from when Simon and I were engaged to be married" Clary said pointing to a drawing of a heart and the letters SL+CF inside it.

"You were engaged? I'm almost certain I don't wanna hear this story... ow! Stop hitting me!" Alec started to say until I hit his shoulder again, giving him a look to shut up.

"We were eight years old." Simon smiled at Clary, ignoring what just happened between Alec and I

"That was a whole other world ago." Clary smiled at him too as she went to go open the door but failed. "There's only one flaw in your plan Simon." She sighed leaning her head against the wall, already giving up.

"Here let me try." Simon suggested as he went up to the door. He broke open the door the first time he tried, surprising us. "Erm, After you" He said to Clary, holding the door open for her. I walked into my room and gasped in horror . Everything was burnt, The only thing that survived was my teddy bear which was in the middle of the floor.

"Hey, are you okay?" Alec asked me as he bent down next to me on the floor, Tears formed in my eyes.

"There's nothing left of me here" I sniffed, looking at the teddy bear and putting it in my backpack. "She must of torched our rooms to protect us from Valentine." I stood up walking around until a creak on the floor board was heard. I stopped walking and stepped back, it creaked again.

"Theses floorboards... they sound different in two different spots. There's something under here." I mumbled kneeling down on the floor. Alec opened up the floorboard to see a hole, I reached inside and my fingers brushed against something but my arms weren't long enough to take it out. "I can't reach it" I said to Alec, as he reached his hand in and pulled out the box we were looking for.

"Is this the box you remember?" Alec asked as he passed it to me. I opened the box but I didn't recognise anything in it so I put it in my backpack and placed it back on my bed.

"Yeah, she used to wait till she thought we were asleep and then take it out. However I don't recognise what anything was in it." I said, sighing. Just as Simon and Clary walked into the room. I stood up quickly as I heard glass smashing, Alec brought his sword out and pulled me behind him.

"Theres Someone here. Get what you need. Do not move until I get back. We've been here too long" Alec said to us but he then turned to face me "I'll only be gone a few minutes I'll be right back, okay" I nodded and then he walked out the room. I looked around looking for my journal, until I found it under my bedside table, that barely survived from the fire.

"Ah, I found it. pass me my bag, it's on my bed" I asked Clary, she then threw me the bag and put the journal in it.

"Alissa, theres someone out there." Clary whispered, I snapped my head up when someone came into the house

"Alec!" I screamed hoping he could hear me. I noticed it was Alaric and a handful of man that can marching into my old room.

"Sorry, But we have to take you." Alaric said as two men grabbed my arms so tightly my shoulder wound started to bleed "Hey watch out for my shoulder." I glared at them. I tried to pull myself away from them but their grips on my arms were too strong.

"Let go. Seriously, Alaric" Clary said as she was pushed into the car. I looked around and noticed Alec with his bow, his back turned away from me.

"Alec!" I screamed grabbing his attention, his eyes went wide when he saw the two guys who were holding me, trying to push me into the car. He then started to run towards me, shouting my name. But it was too late. They managed to push me into the car so I sat up banging my hands on the window as Alec tried running faster. But the car started and drove off...