"Lost of Alliance..."- chapter 38 ?

Alissa's PoV
"Are you sure this is going to work?" Simon asked me, nervous that my plan to get Camille out of the Hotel DuMort won't work. I pushed the coffin open as Clary and I stepped out.

"Izzy's a pro. By the time the vamp finds Raphael we will be long gone." I reassured him.

"Let's get this over with. If anyone finds us, we're dead." Clary sighed as Simon passed her the bolt cutters.

"Some of us already are." Simon chuckled as he opened the locked coffin using bolt cutters 'once we open this, there's no going back. Everything we've done to unite the downworlds goes out of the window."

"Very funny, Simon. If you both don't shut up we'll get caught and then we will all actually be dead. Am I mean dead, dead, dead." I warned as Simon's eyes went wide.

"We wish there was another way, but if Valentine gets a hold of the Cup there won't be a Downworld left to unite." Clary sighs, ignoring what I said as I opened the coffin to reveal Camille laid still.

"Is she dead." I groaned, poking her face.

"Well yeah, what'd did you expect? She's a vampire." Simon said, slapping my hand away. But, Camille suddenly sat up straight screeching at us. I pulled my blade out and pointed it at her neck, smirking.

"Not so fast, Camille." I teased as she flicked the sword away

"What took you so long?" Camille scowled as Simon looked at her confused. " I always knew you'd come back for your sire, just like you did before. We're forever linked you and I."

"How do you know I don't want to stake up?" Simon asked as he twirled the stake in his fingers, smirking.

"Do you?"
"No" Simon replied quickly. I rolled my eyes, he's so nervous.

"Simon doesn't, but we do. But that's not why we are here. Where's the book of the white?" I asked Camille, my sword placed inches away from her neck.

"The book of what?" Camille asked, not interested.

"The book of the white. Big, white spell book. Kind of explains itself." Simon explained.

"Never heard of it." Camille shrugged as she looked at Simon.

"And yet we tracked it to you." Clary said in a 'duh tone.'

"Darlings... what would I possibly do with a spell book?" Camille said causing me to scoff.

"We don't have time for this, put her back in the coffin." I ordered as Simon pushed her back in.

"Okay, okay, okay. You said it was a warlock book? A spell book?" Camille asked.

"Yeah, we think our mum gave it to you. She ran an antique store. Vampires sell that sort of stuff, right?" I asked her.

"All the time. But if your mother was even half as charming as you two, I'm pretty sure I'd remember her." Camille added.

"What about Dorothea Rollins? She was our mums assistant." Clary asked her.

"Dot. But of course. She was our favourite customer. So your entire life has been paid by my antiquities? I guess that means you both owe me." Camille smirked.

"Do you know where it is or not?" I asked her, slightly annoyed.

"It's in my apartment on the upper east side. My own pied-à-terre. I can take you there... but you'll have to get me out of here. Or you can leave me in here and never get the book. Totally up to you." Camille said as I sighed, agreeing to let her take us.