"Its just a scratch..."- chapter 21 ?

Alissa's PoV
"Stay close. Let's spread out." I said, walking forward cautiously. Izzy and I separated from Jace and Clary "Be careful"

"Where is it?" I whispered to Izzy.

"I don't know... its like they're right here, but I don't see them." Izzy sighed, then we jumped slightly when we heard Clary scream. We looked at each other in worry and ran towards the scream to see Jace getting attacked by a scorpion type demon. After he killed it, Clary ran up to him.

'Are you hurt?" Clary asked concerned, grabbing a hold of his hands.

"I'll live" Jace reassured her as he shook his hand, frowning.

"What are those things?" Clary asked scared.

"Those are Shax demons." Jace scowled "They're like the blood hounds of the shadow world."

"They've been tracking us." I realised "so what do we do?"

"The institute is only a couple blocks from here. We can't lose them. But they won't be able to track us if we split up." Jace said making Clary in horror.

"But, I don't... I don't" Clary started to whine until Jace interrupted her.

"Clary, you'll be fine. Izzy, Alissa and I will draw them away." Jace sighed. "No matter what happens just keep running"

"They're coming, Clary run" I shouted as I get into a attacking position. One of the scorpions jumped towards me but I sliced it effortlessly with my sword, killing it instantly. I watched as Izzy killed two scorpions with her whip. After a while the number grew.

"Jace, there's too many" I scoffed, one jumped up from behind me but I dodged it, so I ran but Immediately stoped when I got to a dead end. Bravely, I turned and sliced it, but just before I killed it, one it's claws scratched my skin, leaving a cut just above my eyebrow. "Crap." I looked around to see Izzy and Jace were no where to be seen. So I walked cautiously around the corner and walked into Clary,

"Clary..." I breathed out in relief "come on let's go find the others" But she stopped and gasped in horror when she looked at the cut on my forehead.

"Alissa, you're hurt." Clary scowled, pointing to my cut. I pushed her hand away just as she went to touch it.

"I'll be alright, it's just a scratch. Let's go find the others." I said reassuringly. "Jace?" I shouted as we ran around the corner.

"Alissa, Clary. Are you okay." Jace said emotionlessly, strange...

"Yeah, I'm fine... barely, but one of the Shax demons cornered me, but I got the cup." Clary smiled as she gave me the cup. "I don't know, my instincts just kicked in and I... I could do it. Maybe you're right. Maybe I actually can be a Shadowhunter after all"

"Clary you're amazing. I always knew you could do it." Jace fake smiled and turned to me "Now give me the cup and let's go." I raised my eyebrow at his behaviour. He's acting strange. Very strange...

"Give you the cup?" I scoffed as I held a tighter grip on the cup. "Now why the hell would give you the Cup with that bad attitude of yours."