"Let me teach you..."- chapter 7 ?

Alissa's PoV
As walked back into the institute, Clary constantly kept asking about why mundanes were so different to Shadowhunters. I stood there staring at the floor, not saying a word while listening to Clary's whining. After a while, I wiped my tears away before looking up at the group. Unfortunately, I was met with a very worried look from Alec.

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than... than what you people call mundanes?" Clary asked yet again for like the fifth time today once we got back to the Institute.

"Because we protect humans" Isabelle said as if it was obvious, making me sigh.

"You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job guys. You rock at your ShadowHunter job" I scowled, sitting down roughly on one of the chairs.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense" Alec added, causing me to glare at him. I went to bite back but Isabelle spoke up before me.

"Alec, not now" She warned, in a very irritated tone.

"Look, They won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you and Alissa out. They want the cup, and they think you two have it" Jace tried to reassure us.

"But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, our mum lies to us, our entire life expect, 'oh by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on like planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone' what are we supposed to do now?" Clary sighed.

"We have to report this to the Clave" Alec said while walking towards a monitor.

"Great" Jace muttered, just loud enough for him to hear.

"They have to know what we've learned about Valentine" Alec said, I stood up quickly, slamming my hands on the table. Everyone looked at me startled.

"What? That he's my father" I asked Alec, looking him in the eye. He just looked at me, emotionless. "Great, fine. Tell them. What good does that do for Simon?"

"Alissa, it's all connected. The vamps want the Cup." Jace explained.

"Why? The Cup only makes new Shadowhunters" I scoffed, none of this making any sense.

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to Himself." Alec grumbled.

"Plus, it controls demons." Isabelle added. "They'll propose a trade. Simon for the cup."

"So, vampires will trade Simon for the cup and Valentine will trade for my mother for the cup. Either way I lose someone I love" Clary sighed as she rest her head on the wall.

"What if i just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?" I said sarcastically, crossing my arms. "That would be one problem solved."

"So this doesn't matter to you?" Alec scoffed, clearly not understanding my sarcasm.

"Yes, of course it matters, Alec! I was being sarcastic!" I yelled at him , my voice breaking. "I'm going to bed, you can come up with a plan without me since I'm so useful" I walked away from the group heading to my room, angrily kicking my door open and locking it behind me.

"Ugh!" I scream as I picked something up and throw it at the wall. I laid down on my bed, tears still rolling down my face.

"Alissa?" Alec shouted from behind my door. "Alissa. Please just open the door" He started knocking on my door. But after a few minutes he must of gave up and left, So I just closed my eyes and cried myself to sleep...