"The bow and arrow..."- chapter 33 ?

Alissa's PoV
"Jace, should we let the demons take care of this? Or..." I smirked at Valentine.

"No, send them away. He's mine." Jace muttered.

"Demons, be gone!" I yelled as all the demons ran away and Jace pointed his blade at Valentine, glaring hatefully at him.

"You pretended to be my father." He spat as Valentine shook his head.

"I wasn't pretending, Jace..." Valentine said softly, but it only made Jace more angry.

"You murdered him... you're a liar!" Jace yelled as he ran forward and placed his blade on Valentines neck. I saw a hint of fear in Valentines eyes but he just smirked.

"I am you're father. I always have been, the face you saw as Micheal Wayland was mine. Then and now. It was a powerful glamour. I want you to know me as I am. To know about the truth about me... and you." Valentine said, I watched as Jace's eyes softened a little.

"Jace! Jace, don't listen to him! He's our father we know that for a fact." Clary yelled as she pulled her blade out.

"Yes that's true... that's a fact, I am your father Clary, Alissa. And Jace's..." Valentine said. "think about it. Why are you and Clary so drawn together? You're meant to be. Blood calls to blood. No? Ahhhh..." I gasped in realisation.

"Wait, if Clary and Jace are siblings that means..." I started to say but Valentine pushed Jace's blade away from his neck and walked up to a mirror, opening a portal.

"My dear family... together at last." Valentine sighs. "A lost mother found. A brother and his sisters, finally reunited." But Jace just ran up to him holding the blade against Valentines neck again.

"You won't kill me." He laughs. "You won't kill me! I said that you were weak and I meant it. What's wrong, Jace? Can't kill the man who raised you, hmmm?" I groaned I'm frustration and walked forward.

"I can." I yelled but Clary stopped me as Valentine pulled Jace back and pressed a knife to his neck.

"Go ahead Alissa, two for one. We can't even fight back, huh?" Valentine said as Clary shook her head, tears falling down her face. "Come with me, Son. You know that you love me... your sisters are welcome to join us and bring your mother along. We can find a way to get her moving again." Jace shook his head. I watched as Valentine pushed him towards us and walked through a portal.

"Luke?" I gasped in surprise as he opened the door and ran over to our mother. "You're alright!"

"Jocelyn..." Luke whispered. "I'm taking you home." I turned back around to see Clary and Jace facing away from each other, both sobbing. Is Jace really our brother?

Later on...
I walked out of Lydia's office and walked into the main part of the institute, Clary and Jace just behind me. Everybody stopped and turned to look at us. Have we missed something since we've been gone? We walked into the training room and I heard a gasp. I turned around and I was face to face with an angry looking Alec, oh god.

"Erm... hi?" I say but Alec still looks down at me angry. "Uh. I gave the cup to Lydia. I think Hodge has taken her to lock it up before she goes back to Idris."

"Okay." Alec said turning to leave.

"Okay?! That's all you have to say, Alec?" I say stopping him.

"I don't want to get into it." Alec said as Jace walked down the steps towards us.

"Oh there's plenty to talk about Alec. You almost killed me... You weakened our Parabatai bond just to find me. I nearly lost my life!"

"You did what?" I shouted at Alec but he completely ignored me and focused on Jace's angry face.

"No, You betrayed me. You lied to me. You took Alissa off on this wonderful journey though a portal, which we had no idea if you guys were ever coming back. You know what, you attacked me when I was doing what we should've been doing together." Alec yelled, his fists slightly shaking.

"I didn't betray you, Alec! I saved you from yourself. If you'd have taken Meliorn to be Tortured, you would have that on your conscience for the rest of your life." Jace said.

"Really?" Alec scoffed.

"Yes Alec! We were only doing what was right!" I yelled as Alec looked at me and sighed. "And you know that."

"Really? Everything you do Alissa, is for a higher principle..." Alec scoffed. "You stole my stele and took the cup. Nearly handling it over to Valentine in the process."

"That was not my intention. You damn right know that." I yelled my voice almost cracking. I watched as he looked behind me.

"Huh... 'my intention'. Was it your intention to risk Izzy's life for your mother? This isn't about your mother. This is about you. Now I'm going to tell my sister that she still has a future." Alec said as he glared at me then walked away. I turned back around tears in my eyes and walked back up the stairs.

"Do you think she can hear us?" I asked changing the convocation. "Where is she. Is she trapped in there? I mean.. I look at her and I see my mother, but..."

"How did you know..." Jace asked me ignoring my question, I could barely hear his voice. "That he was valentine?"

"There was something off about him... he told Clary he knew our mother was pregnant but no one knew until she left, so he couldn't have." I said, looking at his disappointed face.

"You should've told me." Jace said softly, his voice cracking slightly.

"But, would you of believed me?" I pointed out, smiling slightly as he sighed.

"There's something wrong with me..." He said his voice cracking.

"You wanted to believe him. I would have, too." Clary reassured him.

"No... I'm weak. He was right about that. I should've killed him." Jace scoffed.

"He your father, Jace." I say but Jace looked up at me, frowning.

"But, he's both of yours too, Alissa." Jace sighed. "You would of done it." I watched as he left the room leaving Clary and I Alone with our mother. This is so messed up. I just stood up, going to run after him but stopped as I seen Alec and Magnus talking.

"Payment in full..." Alec sighed as he gave Magnus his bow and arrows, what is he doing? "Thank you." Magnus went to leave but turned back to face Alec.

"I just want you to know, Lydia was wonderful in court. She's great." Magnus smiled.

"So you get it?" Alec asked in disbelief.

"No, Alec. I get her. I like her. But you don't have to marry her if you don't love her." Magnus said as Alec scoffed.

"Yes I do Magnus..." he muttered.

"You'll be lonely all your life and so will she. Neither of you deserve it. And Alissa doesn't either." Magnus warned as Alec looked speechless. "I don't know what to do with these... you keep them for me, I have no use for them." I watched as Magnus gave him the bow and arrows then left and Alec stood there still speechless...