"Pure Angel blood..."- S2 Chapter 18 ✨

Magnus's PoV.
I quickly pulled my shield up to block Iris's spell, once I pulled my shield back down I saw that everyone was frozen in their spot.

"I hate party crashers." I said annoyed and used a spell to knock her into a bookshelf. Once she got up, she tried to run out of the door but I slammed it shut. I tried to hit her with my magic but she dodged them all after a while I finally grabbed her with my magic.

"You haven't changed one bit since the last time I saw you crawling from the ruins of la Bastille. Old French spells. Your favourite. Where's my counterspells?" I asked her as she growned loudly as I increased the amount of pain in my magic.

"Valentine! He has Madzie, too. If I don't go back. I don't know what he'll do to her." Iris groaned.

"What does Valentine want with my counterspells? Tell me or I'll..."
"I don't know. I don't know! All... all he said was that I had to get them for him and I wasn't to harm his daughters or he'd make Madzie suffer." She said as I looked at Alissa on the couch who started to twitch, I need that book now "Magnus, please. I'm all Maddie has. Have mercy."

"After everything you have done? Release Alissa from her state and then release them." Iris nodded and I brought her over to Alissa. She did the spell and pressed her thumb on her forehead. Nothing happened.

"Why is it not working?" I asked Iris slightly annoyed. She went to say something until Alissa's body started to glow gold and rise up from the couch.

"Now, that's not supposed to happen..." Iris said her eyes widening. I watched carefully as something formed on her wrist, like a rune. I suddenly Closed my eyes as a bright white light shined off her. Once I opened my eyes again. I looked at Alissa and her eyes were glowing the brightest gold I've ever seen, but much to my surprise she fell to the ground again.

"Release the others." I demanded as she waved her hands and everyone ran into the room. I watched as Iris turned to Clary.

"Clary Fairchild... you and your sister made a blood oath. Find Madzie." Iris said before I sent her away to the Clave.

Alissa's PoV
I opened my eyes and was suddenly met with a bright white light. I quickly closed them again and groaned in pain.

"She's the Clave's problem now." Magnus spat as I sat up, opening my eyes again to see everyone's back facing me.

"Alec?" I spoke as everyone turned to face me. Alec ran forward and helped me up off the floor.

"Alissa, do you feel any erm... different?" Magnus asked me as he cautiously walked forward towards me. I looked at him confused.

"No I feel fine just lightheaded why?" I asked Magnus, all he did was point to my right wrist. I looked down at my wrist to see some kind of rune that was glowing gold. "Woah... What is this?"

"I have no clue, it just appeared out of nowhere. But, your whole entire body was glowing." Magnus said as everyone looked down at the rune in disbelief. "Don't worry biscuit. I'll find out what that rune is."

"Okay Erm..." I said trying to think of something to change the subject. "What is Valentine up to anyway, I have no idea what he wants from us." I gasped in realisation and turned to look at Jace.

"It's too dangerous." He whispered so no one could hear him but me.

"Jace, they're our family. They need to know." I sighed as Clary eyes widened at me.

"Know what?" Izzy asked.

"The Angel Ithuriel. Valentine was going to use him to activate the Soul Sword. He needs someone with angel blood to activate it." I explained.

"Well... that doesn't sound good." Simon sighed.

"It's not. With the Soul Sword activated. Valentine could decimate the entire Downworld. The Angel showed us a vision of a demon who destroyed the sword. If we could find the demon, we could stop Valentine." Jace explained.

"How did you three save the angel?" Magnus asked us, I looked at Jace and he shook his head.

"With runes that the angel gave to me." I stuttered as Jace sighed, putting a hand on his forehead.

"New runes, Magnus. Even Clary has done it before, ones no one's ever seen them before." Jace said to Magnus.

"Why did he choose you two?" Izzy asked.

"I have no idea." I sighed and looked at Clary.

"I might. Years ago, a Silent Brother told me about a special connection the original Shadowhunters had with the Angel Raziel. That they could communicate from afar through... Visions. Because they were created from his blood..." Magnus said, Suddenly his eyes went wide.

"Are you saying that..." Alec started to say.

"Alissa and Clary may have a blood connection to that Angel and that must mean they have pure Angel blood. This could explain Alissa's new rune and powers." Magnus said as I looked at him in disbelief.

"That's why Valentine wants them unharmed. Alissa and Clary can activate the Soul Sword." Jace said in realisation.

The next morning...
To the Angel I entrust my life... And vow to uphold the laws of heaven. I take this mark to honor Him... To bring His light into me... And vow to uphold the laws of heaven. So I may join the ranks of the Shadowhunters the guardians of peace." Max said before a Silent Brother marked him with his first Rune.

"Hey, You two should know..."
"Valentine's coming for us, isn't he?" I sighed and Jace nodded his head.

"Which means I'm never letting you both out of my sight." Jace said as we walk into the hallway and we run into Alec.

"The ceremony was absolutely beautiful." I smiled as I pulled him into a tight hug.

"Yeah, Max did great, Didn't even flinch." Alec smiled, placing a kiss on my forehead before I pulled away.

"Give me a minute." Jace muttered as he walked over to Maryse. Clary then decided to leave to go to her room. Leaving me and Alec alone.

"Alec, whatever you heard me say when you were under that spell... you have to know, I don't blame you for my mum. I don't." I sighed and he pulled me into a tight hug, letting out what seemed like a sigh of relief...