"Sailing to the unknown..."- chapter 39 (final) ⛴

Alissa's PoV.
We walked into Camille's library in her apartment. Wow this is a lot of books, we are going to be here for a long time.

"Wow, you have a lot of books." Alec said, looking at all her books. taking the words right out my mouth.

"Well, I've got a lot of time on my hands." Camille shrugged as someone walked up to her.

"Welcome back, madam Belcourt." The man said, she's got a servant?

"This place creeps me out." Izzy groaned as I looked at all the books on the Shelf. Farming, gardening, history. What's the point in having all these boring books?

"Yeah, let's check the perimeter." Alec frowned as he looked at the books, uninterested. I walked forward still looking though the books not watching where I was walking when I suddenly tripped over a pile of books. Seriously?

"Good idea, if I know Camille, she'll have a trick or three up her sleeve." Magnus said as Alec chuckled looking down at me, shaking his head. I'm so clumsy.

"I'm okay!" I shouted still laid on the floor looking through the pile of books, I've just tripped over. I watched as Alec left the room. "I still don't get it. Why do you have this place if you live at the Hotel DuMort?"

"The DuMort has too many rules. Think of it like Gracie Mansion. It's the official residence but it doesn't mean I have to live here. This place gives me the freedom to indulge in certain... proclivities." Camille said as she walk up to Simon holding a quill.

'You know, the mayor had the same problem. Ow. Hey!" Simon complained as Camille poked him harshly with the quill.

"Come with me. Sign on the dotted line." Camille said as Simon followed her to a table and hesitantly, wrote his name. "Thank you." She said as she passed the man the piece of paper and he walked out of the room.

"Right, He did what you asked. Now give us the book of the white." Clary ordered.

"I'd love to... but I can't. I have no idea where it is." Camille said as I groaned, loudly.

"But, Dot gave it to you." I said harshly. "I swear to god if you..."

"I'm sure it's here somewhere. But if the idea was to hide it, telling me would defeat the purpose. Dot must have put it somewhere when I wasn't looking." Camille shrugged, interrupting me.

"Wait, so we have to search the whole apartment?" I groaned as I stood up.

"See? That's the spirit! Although, I'd start Now. I've got four more rooms just like this one." Camille smirked as Clary left the room to answer her phone. "Goodbye, Simon it's been a pleasure doing business with you."

"Wait!"
"Wish I could my little caramel, but don't worry we'll see each other soon." Camille smirked before she disappeared. Simon sighed before facing me.

"I hate when she does that." Simon groaned as we continued to look though the books. But I found nothing. Clary came back in and started talking to Simon as I looked though the cookery books. One book caught my attention. Wait... I've seen this book before.