"Take my hand, Alec!"- S2 Chapter 17 ?

Alissa's PoV
"Alec, Alec! No!" I heard Clary shout. I ran out of the room and up towards the rooftop before the others. I kicked the door open to see Alec standing on the ledge looking down at the ground far down below.

"Alec..." I said slowly as I made my way to stand next to Clary, who was freaking out. "Alec, what are you doing? You're scaring me. Please come down from there." I walked closer to him very slowly.

"I know... I know you wish I was dead instead of Jocelyn." Alec whimpered his hands shaking violently.

"We don't wish you were dead, Alec. Just get down from the ledge!" Clary pled more tears falling down her face. I have to be brave in these situations so I took a step closer even though the anxiety is building up inside me.

"Take my hand, Alec. Take my hand." I said but he looked at me painfully. I took another step closer, if I step forward one more time I will be able to pull him down.

"Alec, come on just take Alissa's hand, please!" Clary said her voice cracking. But he just looked at me and then let himself fall backwards off the ledge.

"Alec!" I screamed and jumped to grab his hands. I was able to grab him but somehow he pulled me over the ledge with him. I closed my eyes waiting to hit the floor far down below...

Clary's PoV.
"Oh my god." I breathed out in relief as Magnus caught Alec and Alissa with his magic just in time before they fell. I watched as he placed then on the floor so I quickly ran over to Alissa and sat next to her.

"What happened?" Izzy asked as she and Jace went over to Alec.

'All of a sudden, Alec started talking about how Alissa and I hated him for killing our mother." I Stuttered Jace looked over at me and then looked down at Alissa's pale state.

"Alissa? Did she faint?" Jace asked as he looked at me worriedly. I shook my head.

"She grabbed Alec just before he fell of the ledge but somehow he pulled her down with him." I explained as Alissa's face started to go paler and paler. "She had quite the scare though. She could be going into shock."

"Alec!" I turned to see Maryse running towards Alec.

"It's okay I sedated him when I pulled him off the ledge, Alissa too. I knew she would freak out." Magnus explained.

"Hey! You know what, you stay away from him. You can't be trusted." Jace said turning to face Maryse.

"I can't be trusted? Now you see why I am wary of having a party at a Warlocks house." Maryse said harshly to Magnus as he looked at the ground, guilty.

"Wow, What is going on here?" Simon asked as she looked at Alec and Alissa on the floor.

"Oh, why would you care? Maia is at the bar." I snapped, his looked at me very hurt.

"Yes, and Alec and Alissa are on the ground. Are they going to be okay?" Simon asked worriedly.

"You're all going to be okay. Everyone just stay here. I'll be right back." Magnus said as he walked away.

"What did you say to my son? You don't think that Alec feels guilty enough..." Maryse said as she looked at Alec then at Alissa.

"You talked to Clary, didn't you? That's why she's acting all weird." I heard Simon shout at Jace

"Listen I did nothing." I argued with Maryse.

"You brought him up here..."
"I did not bring him up here, I followed him." I shouted at her. We continued to argue but we suddenly stopped.

"Mum..." Jace said.
"Jace." Maryse said confused, while looking at everyone before her eyes stopped on Alissa and Alec unconscious on the floor.

"Erm, What's going on?" Simon asked everyone and I looked at him guiltily.

"Simon... I am so sorry. I know you didn't kiss Maia." I sighed as he looked at me, his eyes wide.

"You thought I kissed Maia? What happened here?" Simon asked Magnus.

"It seems a Warlock has been having a little fun at our expense." Magnus sighed looking at his spell book.

Alec's PoV.
"Are they okay?" I heard my mother speak and I slowly opened my eyes. Why am I on the floor?

"What happened?" Simon asked looking down at me.

"Alec..." Clary whispered. I looking up at her and it all came to me like a flood. Alissa hates me because I killed her mother. I looked around to see her next to me on the floor. Her face incredibly pale and her breathing shallow.

"Someone has taken my spell book." Magnus spat and he quickly pulled his wards up.

"You're putting your wards up?" Clary asked in disbelief.

"Nobody leaves until I get back." Magnus said sternly and he ran back inside.

An hour later...
"I was this close to lining up a three-way... and you guys let yourselves get spelled." Raj scoffed before I pushed him outside.

"Is he the last one?" Jace asked Magnus.

"It's appears I'm the only warlock here." Magnus sighed and looked over at Alissa on the couch, while he brought his wards down. She was still not awake. Magnus said the shock has lead her to not fight off the sedated state, I can't believe she's like this because I nearly killed myself.

"Magnus What happens if we don't find your spell book?" Clary asked.

"That's not an option you want to explore. I need the book to help Alissa fight the darkness that's clearly not letting her wake up. But that book can undo every spell I've ever cast. From the elementary to the complex. In new and old languages... Champenois. It's an old French dialect. The red-haired cat." Magnus frowned and brought his wards back up.

"Magnus, What cat?" I asked but he shushed me. We walked into his bedroom and he looked around until he saw a lump under his beds covers. Magnus and Jace flipped the covers and a red and white cat jumped up off the bed and tried to run away.

"Woah!" Clary shouted as the cat ran but Magnus hit the cat with his magic and it changed into Iris. As we went to chase her she used her magic and I was frozen in place, unable to move...