"It makes me sick..."- S2 Chapter 16 ?

Alissa's PoV
I was stood near the entrance to Magnus's loft with Alec. Magnus decided that the theme should be Spanish, I must say that the party looks amazing.

"I'm worried the empanadillas are soggy. I gave the chef specific directions..." Magnus walked up to us and rambled on But I interrupted him by putting my hands on his shoulders

"Magnus, everything is perfect." I reassured him as Maryse and Max walked though the door.

"Max!" Alec said in delight as Max looked around excitedly and Alec then looked at Maryse. "Mother."

"I heard you like to drink." Maryse said as she passed me a bottle of wine. Erm... since when did she assume that. I looked at the bottle, weirdly then up at Alec. "Magnus too."

"Welcome. Maryse." I smiled as much as I could be i turned to face Max. "Max, this is your night."

"You do have exotic taste, don't you?" Maryse sighed while looking at Magnus.

"Oh, the Spanish theme is in honour of you and your husband." Magnus smilied and Maryse frowned slightly.

"Really? How so?" Maryse asked.

"Alec told us that Robert proposed to you in Barcelona. I wanted to celebrate a joyous memory. Especially since he couldn't be here." I said, trying to keep smiling.

"How sweet that Alec feels comfortable sharing our personal family stories with you. Especially considering your... families background." Maryse scoffed and I frowned, deciding to no longer smile nicely at her. Alec noticed this and placed his hands on my shoulders

"Erm... how about a drink?" Magnus asked. "Sangria for the lady, a Roy Rogers for the guest of honour." He walked away from us and Max and Maryse followed him. A single tear feel down my face and when Alec looked down at me his eyes softened.

"Alissa..." he went to grab my hand but I shook my head, scared to speak in case my voice cracked and walked away from him. Clary walked past me and I saw her crying too. I quickly wiped my eyes and walked up to her.

"Hey Clary, are you okay?" I asked, grabbing her wrist and turned her to face me.

"It's Simon... he poured his heart out wanting to be with me, and then... he hooks up with Maia." Clary tears still pouring out of her eyes. I looked at her in disbelief.

"Wait, That doesn't sound like Simon. Are you sure you..." I said but she interrupted me.

"Alissa, I just need to leave." She said but I stopped her again.

"No, don't. I'll figure out what's going on with Simon. But tonight is about Max, Alec and Izzy. Don't leave okay?" I pled as she breathed out and walked away from the door. I walked outside onto the balcony to see Magnus giving Max a present.

"Congratulations, young Shadowhunter." Magnus said as Max smiled brightly. I walked over to Max and picked up the gift I got him off the table next to me.

"Congratulations, Max. You should be very proud of yourself." I Said and handed him a golden gift box with a silver bow tied neatly on top.

"What do you say Max?" Alec asked as Max looked at Magnus then me.

"Thank you." He said as I smiled and began to walk away. "Is it true that you're really one of Valentine's daughters?" A slight pain ran though my chest and I frowned slightly. I heard Alec sigh from behind me.

"Max..."
"You were just as curious at his age." Maryse argued, immediately shutting him up.

"No, it's okay." I sighed and looked down at Max. "Yeah, It's true. But... I'm nothing like him. Neither is my sister Clary. Trust me I am the exact opposite."

"You don't act very good. How much of you is a demon?" Max asked and I looked at him in disbelief. What has Maryse been telling him?

'Max! Enough. That is not how we treat our friends. Now apologise to Alissa." Jace said as he walked out onto the balcony.

"You can't tell me what to do." Max scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest. Wow, this kid has attitude.

"Hey, just because you're getting you're first rune it doesn't mean you can talk to your brother like that." Alec lectured him.

"Jace isn't my brother. He's Alissa's, he will never ever be my brother!" Max stated as I gasped.

"Max!" Alec warned.
"Mum says you're not even part of our family." Max spat as Magnus eyes widened and he left the balcony, walking away from the family drama. Jace looked at Maryse hurtfully and began to  walk away too.

"Jace..." Maryse started to say but I put a hand up to stop her speaking and I walked back inside of the loft, leaving Alec to talk to Maryse.

"Izzy, Hey. Where have you been?" I asked Izzy as she walked through the door.

"Out." She snapped. I raised an eyebrow at her before sighing.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I feel horrible that we kept the rune from you. I... I never meant to hurt you." I said softly.

"I know." She said before smiling slightly. Appreciating the apology. 

"Good, because I really need to talk to you. Do you ever think that..." I began to say but she interrupted me.

"Alissa, I'm sorry, I... I don't have time for this. I'm looking for my mum and Max. Can we talk later?" She asked as I sighed.

"Yeah." I whispered as she walked away. I looked around to see everyone having a good time. I headed towards the door but Alec stopped me.

"Hey, are you leaving?" Alec asked confused. I looked up at him and suddenly anger immediately washes over me.

"I have to." I scoffed and he looked at me confused. "Seeing you here, drink in hand, all smiles. Your mother? It makes me sick." Alec looked at me hurt but also confused.

"What are you talking about?" He asked me.

"I'm talking about you killing my mum." I said hatefully to him. He looked at me going to say something but he walked away. Suddenly the feeling of anger left me. I looked around the room. What just happened? My eyes stopped to see Maryse on the floor and Magnus walked in closing the door behind him. I began to walk towards the door.

"What's just happened?" I asked as I opened the door to see Maryse no longer on the floor but holding onto Izzy and Jace looked very angry. "Jace? What's going on?"

"Someone's playing with our minds. Feeding on our insecurities." Magnus said as I looked him confused. I was about to say something to him before we heard Clary shout from the rooftop...