"How could you..."- S2 Chapter 14 ?

Alissa's PoV
Clary and I walked out of the kitchen and stood next to Cleophas. We have to stop Valentine. I sighed as Luke walked towards us.

"It's time. Kiddos it'll be okay." Luke reassured us as I shook my head.

"You believe in what you're doing is right and so do I." I sighed as I quickly grabbed his taser and shocked him in the back. Clary and Cleophas looked at me horrified.

"Let's go!" I shouted as I pulled Clary to run, Cleophas not far behind us. We kept running until we ran into an alleyway.

"Where are we going exactly?" Clary asked as she looked up at the storm.

"We're close." Cleophas informed taking the lead as we continued walking quickly.

"You realise that going against Valentine, you're risking your life? He'll never forgive you for this." I said as Cleophas sighed.

"I have to make amends." She muttered as I heard the distorted screaming again in my head. I groaned in pain as it got louder and louder.

"Girls! What is it? What's wrong?" Cleophas asked us. The pain was unbearable and was increasing fast. I screamed loudly making the ground start to shake.

"What are you doing to us?" Clary screamed at Cleophas as she held her tightly by her throat.

"Let go..." She said weakly, out of breath as she tugged at Clary's hand on her throat.

"The sound in our head." I groaned, glaring at her. "It's coming from Valentine, isn't it?"

"What sound?" Cleophas asked, confused.

"Ah! It's getting louder." I winced, I felt my eyes begin to glow as Cleophas looked at me alarmed.

"Activate my hearing rune. There." Cleophas said sternly as I pulled my out my stele and activated the rune. She gasped as she heard the distorted screaming too. "That's not possible."

"What is it? Tell us! What is Valentine doing to us?" I asked harshly, my head pounding.

"It's not Valentine, it is an angel." Cleophas explained as I scoffed. There haven't been an angel on earth since Shadowhunters first existed.

"Angel..."
"Here on earth. I think he's holding him captive. The angel is crying out for help." Cleophas gasped as the screaming suddenly stopped and I sighed in relief "Valentine... how could you? His cry is so full of pain."

"You said Angels were rare, that almost no one has ever seen one." Clary Said, not believing her.

"It's unheard of... Iron sisters hear the angels whisper when we're forging our weapons, but even we've never seen one. To communicate with one... you must be blessed by the angels. Girls... you are blessed." Cleophas said softly as tears poured out of her eyes, slowly.

"No more lies, Cleophas. We know you are working with Valentine. You killed Magdalena, didn't you?" Clary asked Cleophas before she started sniffling.

"I loved Magdalena. I thought Valentine... I thought his way was the only way to make the world a better place. A safer place. No matter what sacrifices had to be made, but... harming an angel, holding him captive... That goes against everything we believe in." Cleophas explained as Clary scoffed.

"What, and killing Downworlders doesn't?" She hissed.

"You don't understand. An angel is pure goodness. They're the embodiment of what Shadowhunters stand for. If Valentine is harming an angel, then everything we love will be destroyed." Cleophas sighed.

"No. You don't, Luke is right. You are no Shadowhunter, you are a traitor. You're the Clave problem now." I spat going to walk away.

"No, please. Let me take you both to Valentine. We have to free the angel. Then I'll turn myself in." Cleophas promised.

"No, why..." Clary stopped and sighed. "Why help us now?"

"Don't you see the storm coming? If He has the angel and a bolt of lightning..."
"He can activate the Soul-Sword..." I gasped. We began to run again but we heard the sound of a car. Luke and Jace walked out.

"Back off, Jace." I groaned as I saw Luke point a gun at Cleophas. "Hey! No!" I yelled standing in-front of Cleophas.

"Alissa, get out of the way!" Jace yelled, but I didn't move.

"Luke don't. We need her." I shouted as Luke slowly brought his gun down and sighed. We thought of a plan and Cleophas led us to Valentine.

"Cleophas, did you find Annalise and Clarissa?" Valentine asked as she walked in.

"I did... and I was right. They are gifted. There are things they showed me I didn't know were possible." Cleophas sighed as Valentine shook his head.

"So... where are they?" Valentine scoffed.

"I'm afraid they are a little preoccupied." Luke said as he pointed at gun at him. "Let her go. This isn't her fight."

"Come on, let's go." I whispered and we quickly ran inside, running up towards the rooftop. "If Valentine needs lighting to activate the sword, he probably put Ithuriel up on the roof top."

"Cleophas could be lying, Alissa." Jace scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

"She's not. Not about this." Clary said as I shook my head.

"How do you two know?" Jace asked as he looked at us.

'We just know, trust us." I sighed as I pulled my sword out and we walked out onto the rooftop. We immediately saw three people guarding him, Jace and I ran forward to hit two of the guys. I ducked as one of the men swinged his blade over my head. I just stood up, smirking.

"You'll have to do better then that." I taunted as he scoffed and went to hit me again but I dodged it and clashed our swords. I notice that I was near the edge of the building and with one more swing I could be pushed off, so I jumped up high, leaping over him and smashed back down behind him on the ground. The guy looked at my golden eyes fearfully. I just smirked again and then kicked him off the ledge.

"We have to hurry." Clary shouted as she used her stele to melt the chains but nothing was working. I tried to cut the chains but nothing was working.

"Nothing's working" Jace sighed as he too tried to pull on the chains.

"Why can't we break the chains?" Clary asked Jace.

"I don't know. Valentine must have used a warlock, some kind of dark magic." Jace scoffed as Ithuriel started screaming. I groaned in pain and I felt my eyes turn a bright gold again. In-front of my vision I saw a rune I've never seen before. When he stopped screaming he held the chains in his hands out towards me.

"What's happening? What are you doing?" Jace asked confused as I pulled my stele out.

"He's communicating with me." I stuttered as Clary eyes went wide as she looked at my golden eyes.

"He's..." I drew the rune on the chains that were in Ithuriel's hands and they broke. I smiled in relief as he spread out his wings and looked up at the sky. He looked back down at me and put his hands out so I grabbed Clary's hand then grabbed Ithuriel's hand. I gasped as I saw an vision of the Soul-Sword being dropped onto the ground then a demon hand covered the handle and it disappeared.

"What was that?" I whispered looking at Ithuriel but he didn't say anything. A bright light flashed before my eyes and Ithuriel flew back up into the skies...