"Why'd you run off?"- chapter 13 ?

Alissa's PoV
I woke up and looked at the clock on my bed side table. 7.30? I slept for ten hours? I sighed as I got changed into my gym clothes. But when I walked out my room, I ran into Clary.

"Hey, Clary. Where is everyone?" I asked as she looked annoyed.

"Jace and Isabelle have gone on a mission and Alec's mum made him stay and watch us." Clary spat, crossing her arms over her chest. I raised my eyebrow when she said Alec's mum. "Ugh I'm going to my room, bye"

"Bye then" I scoffed. Geez, she's in a really bad mood. I walked into the training room and grabbed my sword to practice some moves. After some time I stopped, to take a sip of my water.

"Boo!" Someone shouted by my ear making me yelp and nearly spit water everywhere. I turned around to see Alec smirking with his hands behind his back. "Gotcha!" I roll my eyes at him.

"Good morning, Alec" I smiled as I put my sword away. I turned back around to see him still smirking, but he looked a little nervous. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Good morning." He smiled back at me as he walked towards me. "I have something for you"

"Do you?" I smirked, trying to look behind his back "What is it?"

"Here" He said handing me a small black box. "Open it" I opened the box to reveal a vintage silver heart locket with a red ruby in the middle. I gasped at how beautiful it looked.

"Alec! You shouldn't have." I squealed slightly, giving him a hug. "It's beautiful, thank you!" He took the necklace carefully out of the box and put it around my neck.

"I felt bad about taking your bracelet yesterday, plus I saw you drooling over the ruby necklace Magnus gave Isabelle the other day. I hope you like it" He said, nervously while running his hands though his hair.

"It's perfect, thank you." I said, hugging him again. "Want to join me?" I pointed to the wooden sticks, smirking. He picked a stick up and got into a starting position.

"Looks likes you're stuck with me for a while, grumpy cat. let's see what you can do." I chuckled as I block his attack. "What was Clary talking about, is your mother back in town?"

"The Clave sent her, they probably didn't like all the missions we went on without their approval. And seriously, grumpy cat? You've got nicknames for me now?" He complained as I smirked.

"I've got plenty. Now it's about time I kicked your ass." I said, swinging my stick at his feet but he jumped. I huffed in annoyance.

"We'll see about that. Plant your feet wider" he ordered and I quickly did.

"How come you let your mum send Jace out instead of you then?" I asked as he went to hit me but I ducked and blocked it.

"If I screw up, I expect to be punished. I'm supposed to be a leader." He replied as I tried to attack him multiple times him but he blocked all of them. Finally, I managed to kick his stick away but he grabbed my foot flipping me down onto my sore shoulder. He gasped after he realised what he did. "Oh my god, Allie I'm so sorry." He panicked, helping me stand up.