"Sibling drama!"- chapter 34 ?

Alissa's PoV.
Over next few days, I just laid on my bed staring at the ceiling as everybody was preparing for the wedding. It was about 7pm, so I got up and walked out of my room, and walked over to Luke and Clary, much to their surprise. I sat down next to my mother holding her hand.

"She looks so peaceful." I say speaking for the first time in a while. "I just wish we knew how to reach her."

"it's going to be fine, Alissa..." Luke said softly as if he spoke any louder I might break. "I'm so sorry, Girls. We should of told you everything before this got..."

"Luke, we can hash all that out when we wake our mother up." Clary sighed. "The important thing now is that we have her back." We sat there in a comfortable silence for a few seconds.

"Uh... I'm looking for Lydia." Alec's voice said as I stiffened, only my back facing him. "Have you seen her? I don't mean to interrupt or anything."

"No, stay for a minute." Clary reassured as I sighed loudly. I could feel Alec's eyes staring at my back.

"I have to get back to the station, call me if anything changes." Luke said as he walked out of the room. Leaving us alone with Alec.

"So how is she?" Alec asked walking up the stairs, standing next to Clary.

"She's fine." I snapped, not looking up at him.

"Alissa..." Clary warned but she turned to face Alec. "The same, I guess. Look, Alec. I know you and I don't always see eye to eye on things... actually we never see eye to eye on anything. But I do wanna thank you. For everything you've done to get our mum back."

"Actually, I... I should thank you both. I don't Know what would of happened to Isabelle after the trial If Alissa's hadn't returned the cup. You saved my sister, so thank you." Alec said but I still didn't have the courage to turn and face him.

"My whole world turned upside down. But, Erm... you and I thanking each other... that's too much." Clary chuckled softly as I heard Alec's phone ring.

"Magnus needs to speak with me. He might have some information about how to wake your mother up or... stop Valentine. It's important." Alec said but at that moment I stood up from chair and walked away "Alissa, Wait." I heard Alec shout as I walked quicker to my room and locked the door. I just jumped on my bed and cried myself to sleep. God i need to stop crying...

The next morning...
I opened my eyes and looked at my alarm clock on my bedside table. 9am. I took a deep breath and walked to the main part of the institute, hoping I won't walk into Alec today.

"Morning, Magnus!" I said probably sounding the happiest I've been for the past week and sat down on the chair next to him.

"Good morning biscuit." Magnus smiled then turned to face Jace and Clary.

"While this convocation is no doubt scintillating, remind me why we couldn't do this at my place?" Magnus sighed. "At least there we would have cocktails."

"It's 9 in the morning, Magnus." I laughed. Jace and Clary glanced at me as soon as I laughed. It's been a while since I've laughed.

"Oh, it's happy hour somewhere, my dear." Magnus smiled as I shook my head.

"We invited you here, Magnus because Hodge can't leave the institute. He's an important part of this mission." Jace explained.

"Well, then where is our tardy little tutor?" Magnus asked. "There are certain individuals that I'd like to avoid, so make this quick."